HANDLE BAR RISERS

kmoney_imp said:
That grommet will slide down. I had to move it when I put my clipons on. It takes a lot of effort to get it to move. I used some Silglide spray lube and got under it with a long small pick to stretch it (making sure not to damage the line) and move it down a bit.
Thanks I assumed it had to but wanted to verify
 
rockster5_imp said:
Just wanted to drop a note; I installed the sw-motec riser barbacks on my 2013 CB1100. I didn't notice any fitment or clearance issues. I'm also 5' 11" and didn't care for leaning forward that much after a couple years decided to go for it. LEH.00.039.152.S s for silver.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/hand...-suzuki-triumph-yamaha-pair-1-rise-1-pullback
Thank you rockster5 for your post. I just installed the same riser barbacks and rotated the bars 5° to 7° back on my 2014 CB100. Had to reroute the brake line but was a nice fit and it places the bars perfectly for a comfortable ride. Ordered highway pegs to mount on the lower frame tube. Corbin seat to go and longer periods on the bike will be more enjoyable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
CB1100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
thanks for all the info, 6' tall and more comfortable with a$$ farther back in the seat. I was wondering about fitment and availability, and here you guys have done all the research.
 
veech_imp said:
I have SW-MOTECH crash guards and they are high quality so I would expect the risers to be so as well. I however went with the 1" universal GEN-MAR risers and am very happy with them. After installation and adjusting my handlebars they are perfect. I have received a number of compliments on them from other riders as well. No issues with cable lengths either. They can be found here:

genmarmfg.com




Your risers look very good... are the CB's handlebar, bar type or tube type?

Thanks...
 
quietguy_imp said:
veech_imp said:
I have SW-MOTECH crash guards and they are high quality so I would expect the risers to be so as well. I however went with the 1" universal GEN-MAR risers and am very happy with them. After installation and adjusting my handlebars they are perfect. I have received a number of compliments on them from other riders as well. No issues with cable lengths either. They can be found here:

genmarmfg.com




Your risers look very good... are the CB's handlebar, bar type or tube type?

Thanks...

Your risers look very good... are the CB's handlebar, bar type or tube type?

Thanks...
Quietguy, I installed the GenMar risers on my CB too after seeing Veech's suggestion in this post. I agree that they look good and put the bars at a perfect height. The stock CB bars are the hollow tube type, one inch in diameter.
 
I've had the 1" GenMar risers on my 2014 since last March. This is one of the first mods I did, based on the success I had with risers on my Goldwing. Just recently found out GenMar makes an offset riser which allows the handlebars to be raised 1" and mounted 1.25" back toward the driver. Reading posts about the front brake line being too short for the move, I looked at mine a couple days ago and found that my brake line was routed outside the wire loom which holds the throttle cables intact behind the headlight bracket. I loosened my bracket on the right hand side enough to move the brake line into the wire loom which effectively moved the brake line closer to the handlebars and I do believe the new risers will work. At least they did for Bokobob's 2014 Standard. IF the USPS can move mail tomorrow, I just might get my new risers delivered and installed. Experiencing some serious road conditions here in NC.
 
Personally, I never even thought about an item ike this because a need never became apparent to me. I'll have to investigate the next time I ride. I see that the risers do the up and back. Is that only for those of you that are long in the limb department? Probably a 31-35" inseam. Now if there is a way to lower the seat 1"-2" for a 30" inseam, that I would use - LOL.
 
I have Helibar risers on my ST1300. Moved the bars up and back some. They let you sit up more. Less leaning forward and thus less pressure on your wrists.

Disclaimer: They were installed by the previous owner, but if he hadn't done it on that bike, I would have. On my CB, for me, I just had to rotated the bars down some in the clamps and I was good. YMMV. And most likely will :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have Helibar risers on my ST1300. Moved the bars up and back some. They let you sit up more. Less leaning forward and thus less pressure on your wrists.

Disclaimer: They were installed by the previous owner, but if he hadn't done it on that bike, I would have. On my CB, for me, I just had to rotated the bars down some in the clamps and I was good. YMMV. And most likely will :)
Dang popgun. I forgot to measure the bars to the ground before I removed the old risers. I had them at just the right position. Oh, well, I'll just start over Monday--if USPS is good to their word. They were first due Thursday, then Friday, now Monday. No mail the past 2 days due to snow.
 
Back
Top