OK, got the risers. First observation. The existing bolts holding down the handlebars are tightened to ~80,000 ft/lbs (I thought I was going to have to get a breaker bar for awhile!)
Anyhow, I was able to install them with one issue. The front brakeline was a tad short. Now for my question. In the middle of that brake line is a grommet that fits into a clip welded onto the frame. Removing the brake line from that clip gave me enough slack to install the risers. I placed the line back in the clip but, of course, the grommet is now above the clip. It seems like the grommet should be able to slide down the brake line as there is about 1" of the outer cover cut away to accommodate the diameter of the grommet. If it does slide, I can slide it down enough to reclip it. However, it did not want to slide down easily and I was afraid to exert a lot of pressure for fear I could damage the line. So two questions. First, should I be able to slide that grommet down the brake line? (If so, is there some trick?) Second, if the grommet is stuck where it is, thoughts on if and how to secure the brake line in the clip?
Thanks