Macduff_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
I stumbled across this Hepco and Becker Mini rack on ebay for a very modest sum. I was after a rear rack to ferkle with so I could fit my left over Touratech rear rack mount (off a previously owned XT1200Z) so didnt want to spend big or buy new given I was going to modify both bits.
Heres a pic of the HB rack as it appeared on ebay
And heres the fitted article with the cutdown Touratech mount bolted onto the H-B rack plate.
I test fitted the Touratech Zega Topbox I had kept (and fitted to various bikes) since selling the XT1200Z.
I still need to sort the mounting of the TT base plate so that its mounts are spreading the load around the HB plate , but will need to sort some decent drill bits as the TT mount is stainless steel and a pita to drill freehand.
I had cut the original yamaha specific mounting plates off the TT base as it would have raised the base up higher than I wanted plus it was a flawed design that placed the four mount holes close together at the front so the Topbox weight acted as a lever and fractured one of the mount bolt holes. I'm using 3 current holes already in the TT mount to fit to the HB plate but these wont take the stress once loaded so will need 4 more better distributed holes drilled in both spread the load. I also need to trim the topbox mounts to relieve the interfence fit around the front mounts and HB rack but thats a minor task compared to the holes. Any tips on drill Stainless steel plate with a hand held power drill welcome. I'm starting small and slow.
Heres a pic of the HB rack as it appeared on ebay
And heres the fitted article with the cutdown Touratech mount bolted onto the H-B rack plate.
I test fitted the Touratech Zega Topbox I had kept (and fitted to various bikes) since selling the XT1200Z.
I still need to sort the mounting of the TT base plate so that its mounts are spreading the load around the HB plate , but will need to sort some decent drill bits as the TT mount is stainless steel and a pita to drill freehand.
I had cut the original yamaha specific mounting plates off the TT base as it would have raised the base up higher than I wanted plus it was a flawed design that placed the four mount holes close together at the front so the Topbox weight acted as a lever and fractured one of the mount bolt holes. I'm using 3 current holes already in the TT mount to fit to the HB plate but these wont take the stress once loaded so will need 4 more better distributed holes drilled in both spread the load. I also need to trim the topbox mounts to relieve the interfence fit around the front mounts and HB rack but thats a minor task compared to the holes. Any tips on drill Stainless steel plate with a hand held power drill welcome. I'm starting small and slow.
