Griso and CB

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
Laid down some patio block to park the bikes on. Ramada idea got deep sixed by zoning codes (need to have a three foot gap between the back fence and any structure, over hand included). On to plan B.

But here is a shot of the two bikes together.

 
Yep. Great shot of two very different bikes.
 
Given that you have both, do you buy into Cycle World's latest comparison, and the idea that the Griso handles so much better than the CB? Given it's modern suspension and chassis, I would expect more from it, but find it hard to believe that it would just run away and leave a CB in the dust.
 
Thread starter
I don't ride hard so 90% of the time I think the CB handles better. Light on her feet, very flickable and not bad in the fast sweepers. I have not read the Cycle World comparison yet but have read other comparisons of the two bikes. So far I think most writers sell the CB a bit short.

In town the CB has very useful torque. On the open road, the Griso has torque at speed (roll ons at 65-70mph the Griso just launches).

However; when pushed at speed I like the Griso a bit better. For putting on long miles, the Griso is still favored, but that may change after I do a long ride on the CB. But the throb of a V twin is nicer than the "buzz" of the inline 4.

Otherwise; it's more like apples and oranges. When I ride each one, while I'm on it I think, ya, I could easily live with just this bike. A buddy has the new California; between it or the new Indian, if I could retire and take some long road trips I can getting a big cruiser. :)
The Griso does have more attitude than the CB. :)
 
Ok, just have to ask, since no one has already in this thread. What is up with the red on the rims? (Assume on rear wheel too). Not saying I don't like it, I still like the "red wall" tires on some 60's muscle cars. Unique, what gave you that idea?
 
Thread starter
Rim tape, bought off of Amazon. Got the idea from a member here. I like it!
 
The Tenni Griso is just a beautiful bike. I had one, had an extraordinarily bad experience with it, but I still miss it gracing my garage. And when it ran, it was a savagely fun bike. You've got quite a beautiful pair there, and it doesn't matter how magazines rank them.
 
After having had a Ducati 500 in the eighties, which killed itself with a broken pisten rod, which slit the cylinder from top to buttom, I'm still having an ambivalent attitude towards Italian motorcycles...

I guess, Italian motorcycles like Italien women can be full of spirits but expensive. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top