Grip Buddies

LiveToRide_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Grip Buddies have solved my hand numbing/tingling issues. The bigger grip and vibration/buzz damping are great! I don't particularly like the look of the seam but other than that they look good and do the job well. My two cents.
 
Just got my set today. I must have arrived at the same solution - independently. I'm in agreement - don't like the seam. But, I think I'll fool with the placement a bit more until I get the best compromise. It does help.
 
I found that placing the seam right where the tips of the fingers rest is most comfortable (or least noticeable). This equates to around the 4-5 o'clock position on the grip.

What size is the handlebar on this bike anyway? I actually wouldn't mind doing a full grip replacement, but these are obviously much easier.
 
Jim21680_imp said:
I found that placing the seam right where the tips of the fingers rest is most comfortable (or least noticeable). This equates to around the 4-5 o'clock position on the grip.

What size is the handlebar on this bike anyway? I actually wouldn't mind doing a full grip replacement, but these are obviously much easier.
My seams ended up at the 7 o'clock position and aren't very noticable. Aftermarket grips would look better but be harder to install. I mic'ed the handlebars at 0.90" which is closed to 0.875" or 7/8".
 
"Buddies"? "Puppies"? This is a motorcycle forum. When they make Grip Freddie Kruegers or Grip Rattlesnakes I might give them a shot. :)

Cheers
 
I got Grab On grip covers, which appear to be Grip Puppy clones. You wiggle them on over the existing grip. No seam. After getting them for the CB11 I bought a set for my CB750 as well. They're very comfy and do damp out some of the high frequency vibes at highway speeds. I've taken a few long trips since installing them and they really make a difference.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I got Grab On grip covers, which appear to be Grip Puppy clones. You wiggle them on over the existing grip. No seam. After getting them for the CB11 I bought a set for my CB750 as well. They're very comfy and do damp out some of the high frequency vibes at highway speeds. I've taken a few long trips since installing them and they really make a difference.
+1

I had Grip Buddies for a year. They did the job but I was never a fan of the seam.

Grab On grips are as effective as Grip Buddies, look better and are inexpensive. I'll probably replace at the start of each season although the ones I have (about 1000 miles) are holding up very nicely.
 
Well I thought it was just poor circulation or perhaps vibration that was making my left hand go numb; turns out the glove is just a little tighter. Did a few rides without the gloves and had no issues. Probably a manufacturing issue which is how those gloves ended up at the outlet store in the first place! It was also ripping at the seams between my thumb and index finger, so unless I just have a monstrous left hand I think there was definitely something wrong with the glove.
 
My vote goes to Grip Buddies as I've found the right place for the seam for my tastes and they really last. I also use an Alaskan Sheepskin seat cover (medium size, single seat type) that works wonders too. The other thread refers to them as 'comfort food' and I couldn't agree more. I definitely don't fit in with the cafe racer crowd, but more the Geritol bunch. :D
 
i bought a pair of NOJ grip wraps at the iron pony. i needed them for comfort for the trip home.
stock grips were just too thin and were hurting all my fingers.
the thicker grips helped tremendously.
 
My vibration was bad. I started making my right hand go numb after about 20 minutes or sooner. Two things have happened to lose this problem,

1) the bike has about 800 miles on it now
2) and I quit gripping the handle grips in a tight grip and instead sit up straight and never put my weight on the bars.

That solved most of the problem. But these grip buddie thingies (griplets?) sound very interesting, more so than the lever end thingies (sacrilege!) and I'm so glad I ran across this thread. Thanks.
 
Back
Top