GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Me and the Concours did over 100 miles of blue ridge parkway today. it was fun but cooooold. Heated grips are a true godsend. Later I ran into 4 guys from the Vstrom rally randomly on the road. Great people!
On a second note, the great smokey mountains expressway is a treasure trove of big, sustained high speed sweepers. What a joy! I do so much technical twisty roads but the concours is really at home on a road like that instead.
I can't imagine what "cold" means in SC today.
Today it easily reached a perfect 25C + light humidity in southern Ontario, Canada. In rider terms, that's t-shirt weather.
Get out of here with your Celsius. Nobody knows what that means :rofl:
Seriously though, it was in the low 50F degrees (think 11 or 12c I guess?) at 6000 feet. Thin misty air....that can be quite uncomfortable for a passenger and a rider who only brought mesh. It was my fault. I forgot to look at the weather.
Cormanus_imp said:
Are you enjoying the Concours?
Of course! It's a great smooth machine that can't do everything as well as my CB but does some things that my CB would just be bad for. Heck, I've even done single track dirt on this trip...didn't crash! Who would have thought a 670lb starship with a passenger and a full load of luggage, and pure street tires could tackle that?