Got snapped on the infamous Highway 9!

PowderToastMan_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Rolls and I have a habit of attending some of the same group rides, and for the first few miles of the ride a couple days ago I was following him until some quicker riders came in and filled the gap.

Anyway, we got snapped back to back!

http://onthereadymedia.zenfolio.com/p482599918/h249b936f#h2b38ed7e

http://onthereadymedia.zenfolio.com/p482599918/h249b936f#h249b936f

http://onthereadymedia.zenfolio.com/p482599918/h249b936f#h37ff030e

If you click on it once, it will expand slightly.

I went ahead and ordered a print of the middle one, just couldn't resist. :cool:
 
Pretty cool. I dont have any riding friends. My cousin has a bike but hes waiting to do some mods after he builds his workshop. I need to find a group to ride with.....
 
Cool. I know I haven't been venturing out all that much lately, but I have been busy. I have something on the way that I think you'll be interested in seeing. :D
 
Thread starter
Cool, Randy, let me know when you get it!
I might start riding a bit less as it gets colder, but when springtime or an unusually warm weekend hits we'll have to get all of us together for a spin.
 
Pretty cool ptm. I like it. Sounds like a great possibility for the next SF Bay Area cb adventure!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
IndianRider_imp said:
Cool ... I didn't know we had our own killboy.com in the Bay Area like on the "tail of the dragon" in TN and NC
Yup! He's not out there every time, but I think he pays attention to the group rides on BARF and plans accordingly. Sometimes he'll post ahead of time on the thread saying that he'll be there.. the time he got me, I think he just posted afterwards.


Pauley_imp said:
Pretty cool ptm. I like it. Sounds like a great possibility for the next SF Bay Area cb adventure!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely! The entry to 9 is just 10 miles from my doorstep, so it's naturally where I tend to go. I had talked about staying off it for a while over the summer since it's where I got knocked off and a lot of people treat it like a race track. But it's so hard to stay away, it's just a nice stretch of road. And it's not really *that* bad either off peak hours or off peak season.
 
I have ridden the Dragon 1/2 dozen times. A highly overrated stretch of road IMO. There are so many better roads in the area, only without the notoriety. We will only ride the dragon early in the morning mid week. Before the weekend crowds get there, before the hard partying racer boys wake up and before the Harley crowd can finish their breakfast and finish polishing their chrome. It's pretty much clear and safe then.
 
A print like that should be hanging in the garage right next to the bike, very awesome.

Ren and Stimpy fan, eh? ... it's log, it's log, it's big- it's heavy- it's wood.../7
 
Back
Top