Got myself a CB1100 - and made it right again!

Kdogg2077_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
After a few years with a Honda 599 the new bike fever got a hold of me and I started looking around at a possible next bike. I wanted something with more torque, neutral seating stance, and possibly some classic good looks. I almost went with a Bonneville but the quality of the 599 got me thinking Honda. After some searching I came across the CB1100 and started to keep an eye out for one locally. Sure enough a 2013 popped up near me for $4800 with only $2700 miles!.

But there was a catch...

cf07ad14ef96b6cdc7b287b59da998ef.jpg


Who could put these horrible ape hangers on such a classic bike? I traded in my 599 for the bike and told the dealer to set her back to stock. Three weeks and lots of money later she was back to her old self.

c03cccc910489d0b2aaa52c7099ae020.jpg


I've only gotten to ride her a few times in the last few days thanks to all the rain in PA but I"m very impressed. I've own four different bikes and none had an engine this smooth nor a gearbox this silky. Theres some real craftsmanship at play in this bike. I can't get over how good the tank looks either.
 
Congrats and be proud of it....enjoy your ride...and right decision to remove these ugly ape hangers :thumbsup:
It looks like you only payed $1.77/mile :)
 
While I’m not a fan of those apes I should point out that they were all the rage through the early to mid 70s. Mostly paired with shoulder height sissy bars.
 
Beautiful Kdogg. The black lump is - I think - the centerpiece of this wonderful beast.

Congratulations on the restoration of the 2013 CB1100! :)

I think I like the forward resting pegs. Anyway, somewhere to hang your paws.
 
Congrats Kdogg!

That isn’t just a ‘13 model. That is a pretty rare ‘13 Combined ABS model.
 
Nice and good move on going back to the stock bar set up
 
Excellent find, happy to see you seized the opportunity!
I noticed that you kept the highway pegs, wonder how that works out, do share some experiences.
Happy riding!

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Kdogg!

That isn’t just a ‘13 model. That is a pretty rare ‘13 Combined ABS model.
I wasn't aware the ABS model was rare. It's certainly nice to have though.
tod.branko_imp said:
Excellent find, happy to see you seized the opportunity!
I noticed that you kept the highway pegs, wonder how that works out, do share some experiences.
Happy riding!

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Not sure what I'll do with the highway pegs. I still might remove them. They aren't doing any harm for now though.
 
I wasn't aware the ABS model was rare. It's certainly nice to have though.

"Combined" is the key word here rather than the fact it has ABS.
 
The 2013 CB1100A is the only model with combined brakes and is the only 2013 model with ABS. And not that many of them made it to the US.
 
You got the blue too PB. Rub it in. :D
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
All 2013 were combined ABS in Canada
Yeah. Y'all get all the nice things.
Yeah. Y'all get all the nice things.
I believe many other Honda (non-CB1100) models, especially for "pedestrian usage", have combined ABS/brakes. I didn't think this was a big deal.
 
Very nice score, and welcome to the best of the CB1100 line (don't let the six speed guys tell you different)

Great price too, considering the recent spike due to the world's weirdness. Non-ABS 2013s are listing for over six grand in my area right now.

Can't imagine what that ride home must have felt like with the apes. Send them my way, and I'll find a hipster in West L.A. who'd love 'em.
 
Do report on those highway pegs. I have a '14 that sees a lot of highway miles (for a cruiser) and am very tempted to try out a pair.
 
Back
Top