Got my hands on a 26 CB1000f

Europe and possible other countries offer different trim levels:


Cykehvg.jpg



gCyRHPU.jpg
 
That's very pretty.

One of the local Honda dealers shows they have one on the floor. I plan to route myself to go check it out in the next few days.
Not sure why, other than to drool on it.

Like the old Cajun chef Billy Lee Carlisle once told me, "You can look at the menu, but you gotta eat at home son."
 
Nice saying, Gone, but does it really apply to buying new motorcycles?
 
peterbaron said:
Europe and possible other countries offer different trim levels:



well:

Honda Bike Configurator

....................................................

btw.

just today got my dealer ""again""  a help-mail from a customer with a pic of this oil-warning symbol on the display of his bike............but of course the engine was not running  while he was taking the photo........... he told me, omeone else even brought her to him via the breakdown service.......bcos ""this problem"".............. :D .... :dodgy:


if you don't listen to the mechanic's explanations when the bike is handed over, or don't read the owner's manual

----------------------------------------------------------------

We all know that the oil warning light comes on when there is insufficient oil pressure—because there is too little oil in the engine to build up that pressure—and for that to happen, the engine has to be running first.
 
Well, I wanted to look at one... the dealer in Huntington Beach showed one on the floor on their website. I took a side trip on my way home from my deliveries, but the only silver bikes on the showroom floor were Goldwings. The salesman said they had two CB100Fs, one pre-sold, and the other which sold the day it hit the floor.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll see one soon enough.
 
Screenshot_20260912-013204.webp

7-year itch? Folks looking past their beauty-queen wife because some new girl in town just walked past?

Just me, maybe, but I personally don't see the new girl holding a candle.

Definitely not in looks, not in the radiator where an oil-cooler belongs, not in the "iPhone" where a speedo and tach belong, not in throttle‑by‑wire, not in a solid-state nanny riding the bike for me instead of me riding the bike myself (maybe at least halfway kidding about that last part, maybe).

Nope.

(But then my other love is an XR650L, so go figure--at least I'm consistent in wanting my motorcycles as elemental as possible.)

Me? Myself? If I was to collect another bike, give me a well-maintained K0 (no solid state nothing on that girl--woohoo points & condenser!), or an 1100 RS or EX,.

Rant over, apologies to all. 😊
 
Last edited:
Thread starter
I gotta go do some boring work stuff so this is a quick post. I did get the bike bike and everything was and is completely fine with it. (I'll go into more detail soon). but here is a quick spirited run from yesterday. The road was still a bit slick from the chip seal so I didnt get to completely lean into it and those pulls are probably 60-70% of what it has. I still have yet to see the 10k redline since I am still under 300 miles, but she moves out when you ask it to.

(I also need to move my camera up a touch for this bike's seating position)

 
I will say, that bike looks awesome! My only hate is the iPhone gauge....
Otherwise, the new forum has been working much better for me on photos and videos
 
Thread starter
Alrighty, done with some of the boring work stuff and I can get some stuff typed out.

@flynrider I did get an answer and admittedly, it was a dumb thing on my part. Kind of what alprider was hinting towards, and I should have read the manual before thinking something was wrong. The light I was seeing and mistook for a trouble light was in fact the low oil pressure light which kicks on whenever the ignition is on but the bike is not started (obviously no oil is flowing when the engine is off) and it does go away when started. But, I am glad I had them check it out because they did find air in the cooling system which did get purged out. It probably would have worked itself out with miles, but it got taken care of.

I now have around 200 miles on it. And I've added the OEM fairing, frame sliders and the exhaust slider that I had from my cb1100. I also have the OEM heated handgrips, quick shifter, center stand, a radiator guard and the clear tank pads on the way for it. All of those items are optional additions with the other trims in other areas but not in the US, which is a bit of a bummer.

I will admit, I am not 1000% on the fairing yet, I find it more square-ish and larger then I was expecting but it might just take some time to get used to. Same goes for the screen. But, I will say the screen really grew on me when I started controlling my navigation, music etc. right from my handle bars. That alone makes it worthwhile IMHO. Plus, I have my phone mounted on the bars anyway, so what's another screen. It is definitely not a bike for everyone, but so far I've really been liking it. I think a tuner could get a bit more power out of it but its enough for me and it really shines with its handling, agility and overall "do it all well, UJM" feel more then its outright straight line speed.

lbdnbhA.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Thread starter
OK, here is my newest CB. Rode it 32 miles home in rush hour, freeway traffic and 107 degrees. Thanks to the HOV lane, I was able to move along pretty quickly, but was a little paranoid all the way. Drivers around here tend to get a little nuts when traffic is hot and slow.

No problems with the bike. Was surprised to see a cable clutch, rather than a hydraulic unit. You can feel upshifts though the cable, which I found a little weird. Otherwise, no surprises. When I gave it the beans, it really did get up and go. Left it in "rain" mode while I get used to the extra horses. Oh yeah, you can really tell that it weighs about 80 lbs less than the CB1100. Very nimble.
I'd suggest going in to the ride mode settings and setting one of your custom user maps to have the lowest Engine Braking. Might just be a me thing, but I did not like it. I felt in low speed maneuvers it makes things jerky, instead of smooth on and smooth off. It tries to simulate Engine Braking for you which just felt unnatural I guess.
 
At least you dont have to bleed the clutch fluid every 2 years, or 12,000 miles.
 
Moore Mafia may be the first to tune the ECU!
BIG improvement! It is indeed further neutered for the US.
stock right at 100 RWHP and 71 torque.
Tuned 125 RWHP and 80 torque! 👍
 
I watched the video by Moore Mafia and was shocked by how much Honda has neutered the bike.

Same as Honda had to do to the Transalp 750 they cut upper rpm power in order to pass the US EPA drive by noise requirement. It passes EU noise standard w/o having to cut the power so their stock version makes about the same 122 hp as ours after the Moore Mafia reflash.
 
I got my hands on a CB1000F too!
But, after a while the dealership was closing, and the salesman said I either had to buy it or go home.

Man, what a great looking bike. And about two grand less than the Z900RS two bikes over from it. I'm not sure how that shakes out in the real world, this dealership stacks a lot of fees, but if money were no object... and space too I suppose...
 

Attachments

  • 88a59a66-f3ad-4e88-840e-6155244f583f.webp
    88a59a66-f3ad-4e88-840e-6155244f583f.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top