Got hit today

Thread starter
Fellas,

Thanks for all the support, doing better and riding again, it was a thrill to be back in the saddle today.

My 2014 "Black Beauty" is ready for pickup! The insurance company opted to fix it. It will be an emotional reunion methinks...
 
Very cool to hear! Hopefully, the body/mind are 100% and may your may your ride be as good as new.
 
Great news. Hope you can move past it.

Really worrisome to me, this whole trend of drivers that are just less attentive - most of it attributed to cell phones and texting.
 
Da Swami

It is good that your bike has been repaired and you are thrilled to be back in the saddle, a safe onward journey for you.

Regards NRTM
 
Fabulous news DaSwami. Welcome back aboard.
 
Thread starter
Fellas, it was a glorious ride...bike seems right to me, zipping in and out of traffic and running like a thoroughbred again!

One issue, the bike wouldn't start after shutting her off, right after the accident it did the same thing, never a problem before, something happened to the battery after laying down so long....I told both the insurance adjuster and the repair shop this but of course they both ignored me....well I got their attention now :)

One last detail is the concept of diminished value...with both a police report and an insurance claim I fear this bike's VIN will be reported and with a collision on it's VIN I suspect it would be tough to sell (if I ever decide to do that). Anybody have any insight on how best to handle? The repair shop did not want to get involved, although they told be 50% drop in market value is common

Scott
BTW, was able to start the bike with key on, paddling the bike with clutch pulled in, and releasing clutch in 2nd gear...
 
Back
Top