Goodby CB1100

Cormanus_imp said:
Yes. The sheer weight of the CB1100 when you have to push it around is the thing I find most difficult.
I too sometimes find the weight of the CB a bit much to move around if not on a hard and flat surface so I'm careful where I stop.
My driveway is narrow and has a slight slope. It's not wide enough to make a U-turn so I have to dismount, do it by sheer strength, and back it into the garage.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for your replies - some very moving - for me it has been a decision that i have been putting off for a while but that weight issue is just far too big.
Now I've gone from 549lbs to 282lbs what a difference - should be able to keep going for a few more years yet.
John in the UK
 
John, you've got very nice bike, nice blue = lucky colour!! I like it.
Stay healthy forever and have safe rides, all
 
My daughter likes the bike. She is considering getting a new bike and now this one is on her maybe list.
Enjoy every ride!
 
Looks good ! I know that the day will come when the CB1100 will be too much for me to physically handle. My CBR250R is a keeper for when that time comes.
 
Looks great! When the CB1100 becomes difficult for me I think I'll go electric, which, if I can make it to mid 70s, won't be for a number of years yet, and by that time they will be even better.

Love the blue...the bike looks like it has a bit of an attitude about it--in a good way.
 
Perhaps it's just me, but maybe Suzuki could have given that thing a larger, blacker exhaust canister, you know? Bigger heat shields, too.

:D
 
Please stick around John and give us your take on the Suzuki. You did well to keep riding the CB to your 80th year. I'm 72 this month and I'm starting to feel the strain of moving the CB around in the garage. My wife's NC700X feels like a bicycle in comparison (she sold her CB last year, too heavy for her) and now I think it won't be long I'll switch to a lighter ride also.
 
Looks like a great bike, John. Enjoy.
 
No need to leave the forum just because you’re not on a CB. We have an “Other Bikes” section and I MUCH prefer comments/reviews from real world riders who have a bike long term and can provide a first hand account of what it’s like to live with a particular model. The Van Van has always intrigued me since it’s release. Stick around! I’d like to hear your impressions as it settles in with you.
 
That Van Van has a very comfy seat. Hooligan factor is a bit lower though. Get one of those bulb horns that you can squeeze to annoy folks at times. You can be THAT old man!

:banana:
 
WK57ABF_imp said:
Thank you all for your replies - some very moving - for me it has been a decision that i have been putting off for a while but that weight issue is just far too big.
Now I've gone from 549lbs to 282lbs what a difference - should be able to keep going for a few more years yet.
John in the UK
Really is a cool looking bike. I really like those "BIG" tires. How is the back brake? I noticed it is an old fashion drum brake which in the old days did not do too much. Ride safe. Wish I could go to England, if nothing else than to be able to buy a CB1100RS. Does it really rain than much there?
 
John, outstanding! Good for you for making the upgrade to the Van Van. I love that bike and was very tempted to buy one when they arrived in the U.S. about two years ago. Same colour as yours. The seat on that bike is incredibly comfy!

You have a few years on me. My plan is for my 470lb. F800GT to outlive my heavier CB1100 and R1200RT, but if even that proves to be too much, the Monkey may be my terminal bike.
 
Thread starter
Thanks - at the moment i can't register and licence the Suzuki in my name to be road legal - every vehicle department is shut down so no chance of doing a ride report I'm afraid - we do get some sunshine in the UK but not much.
At the moment I'm more concerned with getting our home back - we are full timers and the local authority closed all campgrounds giving us two days to move off site - with nowhere to go because of this virus we put our trailer and tow truck in storage and are living in a relatives trailer in their driveway.
John
 
Never thought about that. That s pretty bizarre.
 
Back
Top