postoak_imp
Been there
Thread starter
For anyone in the Pacific Northwest, there is a 2014 Deluxe up for sale for what I think is a good price - $7299.
Cycletrader
Cycletrader
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yep, as a 2014 DLX owner who has also been considering selling, it was a bit distressing to see this one going for so little. Oh well, it's only money, right?COCB1100_imp said:Wow. That's one heck of a deal for one with less than 1k miles and extras! Resale values still clobbered...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fully agree with this statement !The ferret_imp said:That's why you should just ride them and get your moneys worth out of it. That's what I do. I don't for one minute worry about what I get out of it on resale, only what I get out of it while riding it.
Indeed! I can't exactly keep up with you, Ferret (at least not yet!), but I have managed to put over 20,000 miles on my DLX in about two years of ownership. Not too shabby for a working stiff with lots of other demands on my time, I suppose...The ferret_imp said:That's why you should just ride them and get your moneys worth out of it. That's what I do. I don't for one minute worry about what I get out of it on resale, only what I get out of it while riding it.
Probably true, but I must confess I've been lusting after that 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster...haven't stopped thinking about it since another forum member posted the first picture of it. I think I may have to have one, and I only have budget and room for one bike. Thus, my interest in the resale value of my DLXThe ferret_imp said:Once you get 20,000 miles on a bike it's basically in the hard to sell group, because most buyers think that's too many miles lol. They want under 5,000 miles.Might as well ride it all you can at this point.
I started keeping track of mileage in 2006 when I was still working (retired in 2013) and that's about what I averaged as a working lad, (11,700 miles a year on average). Since retiring I have been able to ride a bit more lol.
Not fully decided yet, but my obsession with that new Speedmaster is undeniable. God help me 

Probably true, but I must confess I've been lusting after that 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster...haven't stopped thinking about it since another forum member posted the first picture of it. I think I may have to have one, and I only have budget and room for one bike. Thus, my interest in the resale value of my DLXkvdv_imp said:Probably true, but I must confess I've been lusting after that 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster...haven't stopped thinking about it since another forum member posted the first picture of it. I think I may have to have one, and I only have budget and room for one bike. Thus, my interest in the resale value of my DLXThe ferret_imp said:Once you get 20,000 miles on a bike it's basically in the hard to sell group, because most buyers think that's too many miles lol. They want under 5,000 miles.Might as well ride it all you can at this point.
I started keeping track of mileage in 2006 when I was still working (retired in 2013) and that's about what I averaged as a working lad, (11,700 miles a year on average). Since retiring I have been able to ride a bit more lol.Not fully decided yet, but my obsession with that new Speedmaster is undeniable. God help me
![]()
Not fully decided yet, but my obsession with that new Speedmaster is undeniable. God help me
Wow. And your W650 would probably sell for your same selling price today.ohiorider_imp said:Out of over a dozen bikes, I have been fortunate to pick up a couple of left overs for less than factory MSRP:
1985 BMW K100RS in March 1986 for $6000 (MSRP was $7200)
2000 Kaw W650 in April of 2000 for $4995 (MSRP was approx $6300)
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport in Oct 2009 for $8499 (MSRP was approx $13500)
2014 CB1100 in Jan 2017 for $6995 (MSRP was ?? $10K)
Of course, there's always the ones you 'just had to have' right then and there, that sort of offset the bargains.