Good price for 2013 CB1100???

PeteinPA_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I only recently started looking at prices on FB Market for a 2013 CB1100. Seems they're all under 7500 miles.
of course a 14 or newer is more.

What's a good price with winter coming?
It's 46F this morning.
 
Forum member offroadfx4 has a 2014 up for sale at a good price. You might PM him. He's in Indiana
 
I spotted a CB1100 in early 2019, the first one I'd ever seen, in Sancho's Tacos, a little taco shack in Huntington Beach, CA that a lot of riders hang out at. I thought it was a middle '70s edition and I liked it, a lot. I talked to the owner, who said it was for sale. I test rode it, and made an offer, which he accepted. $5100. I rode that machine up and down PCH like I owned it. At a ride to Hell's Kitchen, I met a guy with a CB1100, and he told me my bars and clutch/brake reservoirs were not OEM. What? Yeah, he said, and showed me his. He was right. Seems the second owner had not liked the cafe racer treatment and had put it back to stock bars, but the levers and mirrors were Ebay parts. Oh. Well, I'll replace them, but I never did. I did change the mirrors tho. Still have it.
 
Haven’t heard complaints from those fe folk with ABS on their 2013s, Gecko. Do you know something?
 
Thread starter
Had the linked brakes on my CBR1100XX. no problems. On the ST1300 they inverted the secondary master cylinder for some reason and there were a lot of problems with it on the forum.

I didn't have a problem except the bleeding process was insane.

Geuss I should have moved faster on that $4k 2013. I never looked at it but pics looked good.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Haven’t heard complaints from those fe folk with ABS on their 2013s, Gecko. Do you know something?
No, I don't. Just what I said, Honda had a good reason to give up on it. To 'save a few cents per bike' cannot explain the change. Because the design change itself costs money.. It would have been easier to just not change it. But they decided ... to get rid of it. What do you think ?

And if there was no technical or maintenance related reason, it will be even harder to find spare parts since so few have been built.
PeteinPA_imp said:
Had the linked brakes on my CBR1100XX. no problems. On the ST1300 they inverted the secondary master cylinder for some reason and there were a lot of problems with it on the forum.

I didn't have a problem except the bleeding process was insane.

Geuss I should have moved faster on that $4k 2013. I never looked at it but pics looked good.
There will be another one soon ;) ... at least for 5k.
 
Back
Top