Good deal on nice gloves - Scorpion Bixby

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm on a bit of a glove kick right now, apparently.

Didn't intend to buy another pair, but was at that point on http://www.motorcyclegear.com where I could pay for shipping, or buy something else to bump me over the free shipping minimum.

They have these Scorpion Bixby gloves on clearance for $35, so I grabbed a pair. Wasn't expecting much, but am quite impressed with them. They are very dark brown, and are pretty warm. I have ridden to work with them for the past few days, around 50 degrees F in the morning, and my hands haven't been too cold.

Pretty good bargain!
 
Thread starter
They're goatskin leather. Pretty substantial.

Hard to get a good picture of the color, but here's a comparison next to a black glove that I carry for colder temps.
 
Zipper's seem more classic unlike velcro's a modern type, like them both.
All gloves I have are velcro's , zippers are more problematic, I guess??
 
Thread starter
The zipper is weird... zipped up, it still allows the glove to be pulled off with a little effort. I just leave them unzipped, so I can put them over my jacket cuffs on cold mornings. Plus, those are thick winter gloves, so it's hard to zip them up once they are on anyway. But, they're very comfy and warm. I keep them in my Givi since the weather has been weird lately. The high winds bring warmer air, so I haven't had to use them for the past few days.
 
In years passed I used Held summer gloves in the warmer months but in 2020 I only used gauntlet gloves as they give much better protection , also from Held .
 
Just got back from an evening ride. Was 2.4C at around 8:45 pm. Street were quiet, easy to get around and essentially no cages to bother me. The ride was bliss. Didn't need the heat turned on in my gloves.
 
A few weeks ago I rode my NTM Suzi out to Hesperia to my BIL's house for an oil change, chain service, etc. The short gloves allowed too much air in going over the Cajon Pass, so when we went to Chaparral MS to get oil and filter, I looked at the gloves on sale. Found a pair with big gauntlets for only 30 bucks. SOLD!
 
Thread starter
I like to hit Chaparral when I’m in the area. It’s great to be able to try stuff on, and they have a great selection. Haven’t been there in quite some time.
 
Back
Top