Good Deal on 2013?

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
So, I was at my local Honda dealer and they have a 2013 non-ABS demo for $8000. I think it has 200 miles on it, but it's untitled.

I know that the listed price is not the out the door price, but I'm sure they will deal on it.

Let's say they would let it go OTD for $8500, would that be a good deal?

I was going to put this in the "for sale" section, but it's not an individual selling it and I'm mostly interested in people's feedback on the price/value. However, if you are interested in purchasing it, let me know. I have a pretty good working relationship with the owner and one of the sales people so it's possible that I could help cut through the typical sales BS. I could at least put in a call on your behalf.

Matt
 
I would think you could do better on a 2013. I bought a 2013 three months ago for $7010. It had 574 miles on it.
Three other low mileage 2013s sold on ebay in the past month. Two went for $6500 and one for $6000.

Yes, these all had been titled by the P/O, but is a demo worth $1500-$2000 more? I think not.
 
Thread starter
Good info, Classic. I may pass that along to the Honda guys, although I suppose that they keep pretty good tabs on the marketplace. I also have no real idea of their OTD price. The figure I posted was just a guess on my part. I don't know how 'motivated' they are or anything like that.
 
I understand they keep what I would call a high price on it just in case some noob comes along and pays asking price. But I think that scares off some potential buyers who are afraid to say, offer $6700 when the price tag says $8000. Just my opinion from what I've seen and heard from others.
 
Maybe price a bit high as getting 1 year Honda warranty. That has to worth something versus no warranty if buying used from a second party

Just saying but I agree it is a bit or some high IMHO


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I paid for $7000/- for my non-abs 2013,purchase a few weeks back.
It was a demo and had 194 miles on it.
It came with the standard one year warranty and I decided to use part of the savings to buy an extended ( 3 years extra) warranty for about $580/-.
8000/- seems high to me,but then things don't cost as much in smaller towns with lower overhead for the dealer.
 
I paid 6000+ tax and title for mine with 1050 miles on it but didnt get a warranty. It was a trade in. I have shopped them to death and most dealers are asking 8K to 8.5K new for a 13 new give or take. They can be had for 7600 at Abernathy Honda in TN I know for a fact. I base the used prices on the lowest known new price I can find. That is how the market will sort them out ultimately.

One thing I need to add in here is distance traveled, shipping all play a factor because it costs money. I just got lucky and could drive and get mine and ride it in the same day and didnt have to pay for motels, shipping and things like that. It cost me probably 100 dollars in gas and food ect... I lost a days work but I was slow at the time anyway so it worked out well for me.
 
It's hard to believe that such a quality machine can be had so cheap.....makes so many other bikes seem overpriced when you think about it.
 
Blockhead_imp said:
It's hard to believe that such a quality machine can be had so cheap.....makes so many other bikes seem overpriced when you think about it.
I was thinking the exact same thing tonight. The more I ride it the more I like it and it oozes with quality imo. I continue to be amazed how far technology has come.
 
Lash 10_imp said:
I just bought a 2013 for 8299.99 thought I got a good deal now not so sure hmmm
As long as your happy with it its a good deal imo. :thumbsup: I think a lot just depends on what part of the country you are in and if there are any rebates or bonus bucks or whatever in your area.
 
The motivation of the seller has a lot to do with it. Mine was a non-honda dealership and it had been there too long for him to pass on an interested party.
 
Hey guys,

Completely new to this forum (just signed up today). I am looking to buy a 2013 CB1100. I live in Chicago and have been scoping out this model for the past few weeks. There's a dealership about 60mi way from me that is selling the 2013 NON-ABS version for 7k. I was a little surprised at the price because everything in or near Chicago is more expensive than most places. The bike is brand new, never ridden. Is this something I should probably jump on? Thanks for any input, it'd be greatly appreciated as this would be my first brand new bike purchase.

Currently sitting on a 79 CB750-F. Amazing bike for it's age but the unreliability of it has made me set on getting a brand new bike as I've had too many problems with mine related to the carbs. It's posted on CL with a few bites. Should be able to sell it in a few weeks hopefully! I live in Chicago and don't own a car, however having a motorcycle in the city has many advantages when it's not so cold/snowy/wet. Plan on being 'that guy' that rides when most would stow their bike away for 5 months of the year that Chicago weather usually demands. 26 y/o but my Dad has always been insistent on the reliability of a Honda and he himself has a '95GL1500SE Goldwing with sidecar.
 
Welcome, specialist! I see no reason not to jump on that 2013 for 7K. Is that their posted price, or is that price after some negotiation? I bought the least expensive 2013 I could find anywhere back in August. It had 575 miles on it and I paid $7010 (plus state tax). $7K brand new with a full warranty is good, IMO.

The only "but" I can think of, is if you intend to ride in less than ideal weather, you might want an ABS bike.
 
ClassicVW, that is their posted price. I realize they're going to hit me with the TTL fees, and maybe even a shipping/service fee. It could be $8k after everything, but with the 2013 ABS version I'm not seeing anything less than 10k unfortunately. I also bicycle around the city a lot, so for very inclement weather, I prefer to not take the motorcycle out so ABS wouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for giving me your price point though. Good to know where other people have stood with their purchase. My dad works at a HD dealership so he told me to scout out the wholesale price and add $1,000 to that and tell them you won't go any higher. I haven't been able to find the wholesale price of this model though. Any tips on where I can get this info? I think this kind of leverage could work because this model hasn't sold very well around Chicagoland. A lot of Harley's and crotchrockets round these parts.
 
That is a good price.
I paid the same amount for mine a couple of months back and it was a demo with 200 miles on it.
Considering that I bought it in central Pa I would say that it's a steal in Chicago.
 
specialist8_imp said:
Hey guys,

Completely new to this forum (just signed up today). I am looking to buy a 2013 CB1100. I live in Chicago and have been scoping out this model for the past few weeks. There's a dealership about 60mi way from me that is selling the 2013 NON-ABS version for 7k. I was a little surprised at the price because everything in or near Chicago is more expensive than most places. The bike is brand new, never ridden. Is this something I should probably jump on? Thanks for any input, it'd be greatly appreciated as this would be my first brand new bike purchase.

Currently sitting on a 79 CB750-F. Amazing bike for it's age but the unreliability of it has made me set on getting a brand new bike as I've had too many problems with mine related to the carbs. It's posted on CL with a few bites. Should be able to sell it in a few weeks hopefully! I live in Chicago and don't own a car, however having a motorcycle in the city has many advantages when it's not so cold/snowy/wet. Plan on being 'that guy' that rides when most would stow their bike away for 5 months of the year that Chicago weather usually demands. 26 y/o but my Dad has always been insistent on the reliability of a Honda and he himself has a '95GL1500SE Goldwing with sidecar.
I brand new 2013 non abs for $7500.00 + tax would be a sweet deal. I would jump on that ASAP
 
cbtime_imp said:
I think you can get it for a lot less than 8K. Mine was 7,400 OTD with warranty thru 2018.
We can get bikes cheap out the door but that just means that the bike won't be coming back. If the dealer does not make any money on it, they don't order it again and Honda will look at the sales data as such. I don't see it at Honda Powersports for 2015 yet. We shoot ourselves in the foot and they sell what other people are buying for MSRP, the YAM FZ09 and FZ07 for example. Used is a different story. My dealer came down to his cost (8900) and I've seen many local dealers close their doors for good as well.
 
Back
Top