Glorious RLETs at Sunset (Pleasanton, CA)

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
On bended knee to Lord Popgun, I pulled this glamour shot from my archives and submit this Thread for consideration.  :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend and finds time to ride. David

zlr5ZUr.jpeg
 
rdprdp01 said:
On bended knee to Lord Popgun, I pulled this glamour shot from my archives and submit this Thread for consideration.  :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend and finds time to ride. David

zlr5ZUr.jpeg

Rdprdp01,
I see a fork brace.  who made it?  Do you think it improves the handling or was it on the bike when you bought it?
thanks,
tdbru
 
Thread starter
tdbru said:
rdprdp01 said:
On bended knee to Lord Popgun, I pulled this glamour shot from my archives and submit this Thread for consideration.  :)
I hope everyone has a great weekend and finds time to ride. David
zlr5ZUr.jpeg

Rdprdp01,
I see a fork brace.  who made it?  Do you think it improves the handling or was it on the bike when you bought it?
thanks,
tdbru

It is a fork brace made by a company called SuperBrace. It was on the motorcycle when I purchased it. 

The former owner had the motorcycle tastefully setup like a cafe racer. When I returned it to a stock OEM configuration, I did remove the brace. I could definitely feel the difference in handling at all speeds. I reinstalled the brace, quickly. :)  

I found it most helpful when I was cornering at low speeds for tight turns. But in general, I have a greater connection to the road and the front tire. My CB1100Ex has a lot of weight leaning forward, and the slightly more stabilized forks made for a better experience for the kind of riding I do. 

It is not clear to me if SuperBrace is still in business. I have reached out a few times but did not get a response. I like the fork brace so much I would like to purchase another one as a spare! Here are a few links.

CB1100 Forum - Honda CB1100
Customer Gallery

I like the aesthetics of the SuperBrace, too. I cannot speak to the impact of other fork braces, but SuperBrace is truly super.
 
RLETs you have! Good they look. Pleased the Ring is.

I also have a fork brace. Mine is an Agras I got from Samurider. That was before Superbrace had one for the CB1100.

I’m no street fighter, but it did tighten up the front end. Was noticeable to me. And it looks good ;)
 
RLETs they are. 2 order you must. (only one in a bag so have to order 2)
 
Part # 95010-1600. 95010-16001. 

See below.  :s
 
Thread starter
:) :) :)
1973cb750 said:
ill order some this week is their a trick to install ?


I have not managed the 7 second RLET install, but I did find a way to install them without cursing or damaging anything. :)

The CB1100 Community Forum
 
There's pages and pages on RLETs here. Search may also be your friend, revealing gems like this one.
 
Back
Top