Givi Side Case Racks...Do they exist?

cbolling_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I am thinking about picking up a CB1100. I just sold my BMW RT and don't want to live without side cases. I had a pair of Givi E21's on a previous Kawasaki Versys and they would be perfect on the CB1100. Does Givi make racks for a 2013 or 2014?
 
Join date 2-24 2014..1st post 7-17-2020 :huh:
 
Lol well the forum does better when the form members actually participate occasionally
 
Cbolling, if you want to stick with Givi, they do make a top case rack. You could get a rear rack and case and sell your side cases to get some of your money back.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Join date 2-24 2014..1st post 7-17-2020 :huh:
Sometimes a man just has to ruminate on an idea for a while. Glad to have you on here, Cbolling! Redbird has sweet Givis on his bike so I'd listen to him.
 
look into the sw motech EVO side carrier / rack:
,

link:
https://sw-motech.us/bike/HONDA/CB1...ge/side+carrier/EVO+carrier/4052572023365.htm


those side racks have pre punched holes to bolt on the givi monokey mounts:


Link:
https://sw-motech.us/bike/HONDA/CB1.../luggage/side+cases/adapter/4052572007853.htm


here you can see those Givi monokey hardware parts (triangle clamp on top bar, two mushroom pegs at bottom, 4 rubber bumpers on sides ) fastened to the EVO racks:


i have the EVO racks on my cb1100 , with the givi hardware per above, i have mounted a set of givi e22 (same as e21, different lid) on my bike.
 
I have these SW Motech EVO side carrier/rack and made total of 70 Kms = NO complaints, excellent !
 
Thread starter
Thanks, for the replies and sorry for not posting sooner. Yes, I have been a member for a long time but have never really posted. I bought a 2014 over the weekend so I will be an active member going forward.

I looked on SW Motech's web site and the rack are not available. I will have to check some of the other links. Hopefully I can find a set for sale somewhere.
 
Thread starter
Here is my bike by the way.
peterbaron_imp said:
Did you check SW Motech - Germany or Twisted Throttle/USA or Canada...eBay???
I checked Twisted Throttle a few weeks ago but now that I have an actual item # to search for I may have better luck
 
Trapezoid shape side racks are more universal, the biggest issue might be with the hardware for your '14 CB...it also fits '13 model. I did transfer from the '13 onto the '14 = no issue.
May this help you more/better?:

46e76793b8b84170a2bca88327b5a5a1.jpg


e0629e5b270d8415c5353d85cc1940b3.jpg


7457328ab5715ec78e3fb990986bde36.jpg


daf3d3aadb0fefe2fabf295eb1ea1eb7.jpg


For these ^^ side racks, I use pictured bellow AERO side panniers , also by SW Motech:

76c6571cdc395898e79650b13c19a901.jpg


842bcc2d5124932eb18f12c2afb20d54.jpg


8aa5aff96091283512cb773b3c4ae6b7.jpg


And this is how they look on my bike

24d2fea3b7990fdf3a1abbbdcb5c29d3.jpg


be02e6c34fac5ed36490f3aaa6eb5f6c.jpg


ba22dfc8d1fccd1fc26c87400fcfb136.jpg


Make sure you get the side racks with hardware matching your side panniers...otherwise may not work together.
There might be some other options by SW-Motech or different companies. Check.
Good luck!!
 
Thread starter
I found some SW Motech racks on Amazon. Price seems to be way jacked up though. I guess I will have to relocate my rear blinkers. Has anyone done that?
 
First pic below is a U shape bracket with 6 holes, OEM SW-Motech.
You can easily make it by urself from a nice piece of metal strap, shape it, fold it and drill 6 holes of different diameter: 2 bottom for the U shape bracket holding bolts, 2+2 wing side L+R to accommodate the turn signals. If you chose this design, you'll have to make one side turn signal's harness longer by about 1 foot, and I believe is the R-side, as the turn signals harness runs on the L side of rear fender, then you have to drill a hole below the stop light - in lamp's black housing to run the turn signal wires through it.
Here are some orientation pics:

7b3f1ec9637504cb0e55493168dee5f8.jpg


76f2e1bbd756339f4cc86b55d276c6d5.jpg


363a28a1fa29b725a8cf46180e5040d1.jpg


72a33fe645f2123252f5111c8cb17d39.jpg


This is what I did with my OEM SW Motech.

You may go alternate way and see if lic plate bracket + home made extension can accommodate relocated turn signals + both T-signals harness extension by 1-2 feet
:)
 
Back
Top