givi monolock universal adapter

Recently, intalled Givi mounting plate to factory carrier on my '13 CB1100. Used 2 of the 4 bolts included with the kit (Z113C) which was enough in my judgement to secure it securely. The nuts are not butterfly nuts but locking style. I attached the plate so that it protrudes beyond the rear of the carrier a good couple inches. This allowed use of the 2 holes on the carrier to line up with 2 places on the mounting plate. The plate is well made of some form of hard composite and seems to be strong enough to handle the cargo weight requirements. I have a 2010 SH150i equiped with the Givi Monolock Topcase and wanted the ability to use on CB1100 as well. I am very pleased with the Givi Topcase and the mounting plate. When the Topcase is not on the bike the plate looks nice and neat. This is my first post so am just learning how to navigate and don't have pics.

Hello everyone, Does anybody know if the universal mounting plate that coes with the Givi monolock case is made of plastic or steel. It looks like it mounts to your existing rear carrier with bolts, square washers and butterfly nuts. My concern is where the square washers fit into the recess of the adapter plate. If the adapter plate is thin plastic where the square washers attach, is the thin plastic strong enough to support the box and if the plastic becomes brittle over time, will the washers pull through? If the plate is made of steel, then I could see it being very sturdy. Thanks for any input.
[/QUOTE]
 
G'day tririchards and welcome. Why not post in the New Members section and tell us a bit about yourself and your bike?
 
The nut are nylocs, not butterfly or wing nuts. Unlike trichards above, I used all 4 of the mounting brackets on the Honda rack. After you are all mounted up, a cover plate goes in and hides the honey comb part of the mount and does look tidy and provides a flat surface. A cap is provided to cover the contacts when not used if you install a light kit.

Time will tell if the mount material holds up. I suspect it will. I wish is was aluminum like the monokey I have on the ST, but it is not.
 
geez, just one picture or url link in this thread, was all I was looking for, so maybe the rest of us knew what you are talking.....you know, a picture is worth a bunch of words type thing.
 
Thread starter
Hello everyone. I received my givi monolock case E470. The case is big enough to place two full face helmets in. The case comes with the monolock adapter bracket, so you can mount the case to any luggage rack. I mounted mine to my ventura sport rack. The mounting bracket is plastic, but it seems heavy duty. The case is rated for only 6.5 lbs capacity. Ithink it will be fine for jackets, clothes, helmet, etc. I probably would load it down with groceries and not worry. Here is some pictures.
ec58b85a70408bf74790e3606dcb43bf.jpg
550f2a734b22bf6e70ab56f901f531b6.jpg
23e9ee54bad05a83866a894f3ea30d6a.jpg
56a1df9d9aea1b2ea5dcf6f76f8e66a7.jpg
33a8ce08650a2c5915eca392b3f90f56.jpg
bd1d231963ea3075dc37712b048c350f.jpg
f06670d4459ff74b6ba4606cc4e458a2.jpg
 
That should make Hiker Happy :)

That case looks good. I got the B37 as I was afraid the 47 would be too big. And even though I have the Honda rack, its mounted just like on your rack.

Hiker, you can see the honeycomb on his bottom shot. You drop in a supplied square washer and bolt use the nyloc nut to hold the bracket. You can see Fred used all 4 and so did I. Fred does not have the light kit installed. You can tell as there is no cable and the mount knockout for the connector has not been knocked out. After the mount was all tightened up, Fred installed the top panel so it looks nice and covers up the honeycomb and all.
 
That's the fitting I had on the Shadow with an OEM rack. I also used all four bolts. It was very neat and the box fitted on it very well. I tried it on the Daytona mount I bought as the box fits on it better, but the mounting to the rack wasn't quite as good.
 
Thread starter
Hello everyone. I wqs cleaning my bike today, and thought I would share with you one of the advantages of the ventura sport rack system. I recently installed a givi monolock case on the rack. If I want a more naked look, I can remove the rack, universal adapter plate and givi box in a matter of seconds. The ventura rack has a grab handle that you can pop on if you like, but I like the bare minimalist look without the grab bar, with only the mounting brackets visible. Here are some pics.
f34946fd3435abcd21100b0f14d5599a.jpg
c287c04531c9f13ee3aa8ad56c988526.jpg
a7f37131363be0a5771e0914ce4ce0e2.jpg
26cd4ccb0767f6c5e688a63cb07bbfad.jpg
564932ecded44f9ccc9cf1696788adbc.jpg
28f553e041fa1df7c2f9f18ecf95a9c5.jpg

Here is grab handle installed. I like it better with no grab handle.
298158e7a5d309e2a475ad7609817da1.jpg
f365496ac432ca9ad11e2c954f2fa0ba.jpg
 
Back
Top