Givi Box Size For CB1100?

Thread starter
Yes, if it works all is good. I don't think I can kick up like a 'Rockette' though, after all, I am smack dab in the target market as a CB1100 buyer.

The rack is coming, the next is the trunk debate. Are those cheap Givi imitations on fleabay any good? Seems like a lot are selling, $30 or so. No they do not say Givi, just a look a like.
 
With the top box on and a dry bag attached to the passenger seat I was pulling the right leg hamstring every time I swing my leg over it. Many cramps later I finally solved this by stepping on the peg before mounting just as Cormanus does it. Thus preventing an over extension and avoiding cramps until I work on my flexibility.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Yep. When loaded like this, the procedure is as follows :

1. Face the left side of the bike.
2. Kick your right leg up like a Rockette...
3. While hopping toward the bike on your left leg.

The kick and hop have to be coordinated just right, or you'll just end up looking silly. :)

276f876d6edf1bc47a9ca16607024b67.jpg
Could that road be in Idaho? "77 miles of winding road" ?
 
Ole_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Yep. When loaded like this, the procedure is as follows :

1. Face the left side of the bike.
2. Kick your right leg up like a Rockette...
3. While hopping toward the bike on your left leg.

The kick and hop have to be coordinated just right, or you'll just end up looking silly. :)

276f876d6edf1bc47a9ca16607024b67.jpg
Could that road be in Idaho? "77 miles of winding road" ?
You have a good eye! U.S. 12 between Lolo, MT and Kooskia, ID. It's now officially 99 miles of winding road (according to the sign).

Here's an overhead view.

bf9b418b53b7160cd279765a74c6de5d.jpg
 
Good place for a rally?
 
LOL pretty remote Cormanus, and a long way from the majority of members. East coasters would need 3 to 4 days of 10 hour riding days to get there. Not much between Idaho and Montana except beautiful touring country.
 
I have done that road a dozen times. And the dirt road just north of it on a Versys. That is where Lewis and Clark crossed The Bitterroots. It was on Hy 12, on a Honda VTX 1800 with a car tire, I came upon a young fellow on a SV 650. The old fart on the VTX taught the youngster a lesson on high speed sweepers. He finally caught me at a gas stop Kooskia where he promptly got in face screaming. "You stupid old man you can't run a square tire on a motorcycle" I told him you didn't stay long in my mirrors punk. He just got madder and madder.
I just laughed at him whilst holding my helmet as a weapon in case he wanted to escalate this discussion further. He left with his tail between his legs

Gawd I miss that old VTX. It was a great ride and it took me so many places and met so many interesting folks. Square tire and all

ced04c924cd1874ebb15720b821d9ff2.jpg
 
Great story Ole. Bike looks pretty good too.
 
Back
Top