alprider
Road warrior
Thread starter
it seems there is something coming.....
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Indeed, it appears to be going that way.pekingduck_imp said:Sad to think that with the passing of the CB1100s, we own the last Hondas that we can look at and be excited about, and not be settling for models that "aren't bad".
... [Euro 5] fuel efficient toasters!m in sc_imp said:would look way better with a vintage airtech race fairing on it. hide that corporate lump.
new vehicles may be technically better in most if not all ways, but they are just high performance toasters.
Mmm, yeah, that two-smoke lump seems to have some visual character.m in sc_imp said:IMHO, thats no excuse. if they can get E5 compliance out of this.... see below.
https://www.rideapart.com/news/626468/motori-minarelli-two-stroke-euro5-engine/
That's a lot of stuff to go wrong at some point.m in sc_imp said:IMHO, thats no excuse. if they can get E5 compliance out of this.... see below.
https://www.rideapart.com/news/626468/motori-minarelli-two-stroke-euro5-engine/
I agree with you for the new Honda models. But I still see some exciting bikes being built by other manufacturers. MV Augusta makes stunningly beautiful bikes. The new Norton is very beautiful as well. And Royal Enfield's (and Triumph's) bikes are not too exciting but certainly pleasing to the eye.pekingduck_imp said:Sad to think that with the passing of the CB1100s, we own the last Hondas that we can look at and be excited about, and not be settling for models that "aren't bad".
At the very least, the CB1100 lump alone is worth gawking at every day of our remaining meager existence. That ... is a good reason to be upright every morning.DAC_imp said:Looks okay. From what I can see. There's good reason to hold on to the CB. Not a lot going to come around anymore of that type. Though I said that about muscle cars too. So, who knows.
Open the hood of a '50s-'70s muscle car (or any car), and chances are you can identify and understand or figure out what 98% of the components or wires and hoses are.DAC_imp said:Looks okay. From what I can see. There's good reason to hold on to the CB. Not a lot going to come around anymore of that type. Though I said that about muscle cars too. So, who knows.
That is why there is the V85TT.Ollie_imp said:Motorcycle manufacturers have difficulty getting 4 cylinder engines through Euro 5, which is why the switch to 2 cylinder motors. I applaud them bringing out retro styled bikes using these modern liquid cooled parallel twins but they're just not the same when what they're trying to imitate had an in-line 4.
A Swan Song for the Inline-four Sportbike?

I do not buy this statement at all..... they can deliver them and meet Euro 5. The technology is available and ready.Ollie_imp said:Motorcycle manufacturers have difficulty getting 4 cylinder engines through Euro 5, which is why the switch to 2 cylinder motors. I applaud them bringing out retro styled bikes using these modern liquid cooled parallel twins but they're just not the same when what they're trying to imitate had an in-line 4.
A Swan Song for the Inline-four Sportbike?
I do not but this statement at all..... they can deliver them and meet Euro 5. The technology is available and ready.peterbaron_imp said:I do not buy this statement at all..... they can deliver them and meet Euro 5. The technology is available and ready.Ollie_imp said:Motorcycle manufacturers have difficulty getting 4 cylinder engines through Euro 5, which is why the switch to 2 cylinder motors. I applaud them bringing out retro styled bikes using these modern liquid cooled parallel twins but they're just not the same when what they're trying to imitate had an in-line 4.
A Swan Song for the Inline-four Sportbike?
The problem is: are the customers willing to pay for it?