Gators -Honda vs Kawa vs Triump

ozigoo

Running like a top
Thread starter
Looking at getting gators for my CB, and Honda and Kawa ones seem really expensive, especially here in Australia with the exchange rate.

Looks like the Triumph Bonneville ones are the cheapest to get here but only saw one reference to them in the threads.

My mate has a Bonney and I took some caliper measurements and the forks seem the same dimensions at the top and bottom of the gator. The gator however has a small ridge on the bottom inside edge that sits in a slot on his fork. Do all gators have this? I could grind it off gently I guess

Anyone have experience with the Triumph ones or know of an Australian suplier of 'cheaper' Honda or Kawa ones. or know if the Honda and kawa ones have a ridge on the inside as well?

Here are the Bonney ones Im considering about AU$100 for the pair delivered

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE...01&hash=item56db635a00:g:Vz4AAOxyq5NRCVDS


cheers
 
I used the Kawi ones on my Dlx and on my 2003 Bonnie. Bonnie is still in the family and gaiters still look good. That's 17 years. I imagine the Honda and Triumph ones would be of similar quality

9ee34811a66e7265e26beda7f4859631.jpg
 
The OEM Triumph kit, A9638018 is great quality, same quality and material as the Kawasaki ones. I didn't put them on my CB1100, but the ones on my 2004 Bonnie are still in great condition.

Be very careful of any that claim to be "substitute", "replacement" or "equivalent", as they are made of rubber and won't last very long. They are about $50 pair with the clamps.
 
Thread starter
4 Paws & Lash , did you notice the small ridge on the bottom inside of the gator? Does that make the bottom 'lump' out a bit? cheers guys for the responses ..
 
Back
Top