Gas prices affect your riding?

When I was younger and going to work regularly, I enjoyed riding my bike as much as I could and it wasn't a matter of financial necessity. Just an aside, but in those days female nurses were required to wear a dress and one of my female friends rode a Norton Commando, which she kick-started. She simply pulled on her jeans under her dress and swung a leg over that bike and kicked it and rode off. Did I mention she had great legs? Oh, and a husband, too.
 
Riding is likely to remain the same, but the planned moto trip across some Europe countries may come to a halt, as this evolves more than just riding.
Driving cars can consolidate some trips.
Basically, I'm frugal, like a lot of us, I suppose.
 
Higher gas prices — even a doubling of gas prices — won’t affect my riding. A few extra bucks to fill my tank isn’t going to change my life or jeopardize my retirement. Despite +35% higher energy costs this winter, I’ve not lowered my thermostat or hastened my morning showers.

For the folks that complain about higher energy prices, go out and buy yourself some shares of oil company stock so you can participate in the profits. You won’t come out even, but you’ll feel less like a victim.

My Altima gets close to 40 mpg on the freeway and my bikes beat that by about 20 mpg, but I haven’t been to the office in nearly two years (and will likely never return) so my non-leisure fuel consumption is fairly low.
 
... speaking of riding, I hope those who have been winter hibernating have taken advantage of the situation of less traffic on the roads these past few winter days.
 
Jeebus, regular went up by $.15 from my morning commute to my evening commute today at my usual station. Premium is now at six bucks.
 
redbirds_imp said:
I have been using the NC750X for nearly all errands now. With some throw over saddle bags and the frunk even groceries are no problem. Running 70 mph on the four lane between Waycross and Patterson averaged over 68 mpg. In rural areas is where the fuel price really hurts. There are folks around here who are already living close to the edge and the higher fuel costs are destroying businesses especially restaurants and department stores. The domino effect is making everything far more expensive. There is zero public transportation, farmers are hurt by diesel fuel prices. Running farm equipment just doubled in price. Fuel for school buses, the list goes on and on.
Talking about domino effects, I have lately seen a documentary of LA downtown with literally hundreds, if not thousands or tents on the side walk, and ten times as many people sleeping in and in-between them. No help, no hope, these people are left to their own. I wonder how many slept in decent housing (or even villas) 20 years ago. No need to point to donkeys or elephants for that ... a booming economy of any sorts ... will no longer help such communities.
PowerDubs_imp said:
Sparky80_imp said:
I guess I'm more frugal and cheap than most of you.
The higher gas prices WILL affect how many group rides and solo trips I take on my bikes. Granted, the increase in prices don't financially affect me to the point where it changes my life any, but filling up my FJR will cost me almost $30. That's a lot for a joy ride around western Texas on roads I've done many a time.
Maybe I'll ride the Zuma 125 more...

How many miles per tank?

How many smiles per gallon?
I will remember this "smiles per gallon" ! A short sentence says it all.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Sparky80_imp said:
I guess I'm more frugal and cheap than most of you.
The higher gas prices WILL affect how many group rides and solo trips I take on my bikes. Granted, the increase in prices don't financially affect me to the point where it changes my life any, but filling up my FJR will cost me almost $30. That's a lot for a joy ride around western Texas on roads I've done many a time.
Maybe I'll ride the Zuma 125 more...

How many miles per tank?

How many smiles per gallon?
It's a 6.6 gallon tank and can get 45 mpg riding it like a grandma or 35 for many more smiles.

A fixed retirement income slows me down a little bit though...
 
Thread starter
Filled up my truck today for $75

Also filled up the quarter horse for $14

Both were on reserve

Truck will go about 60 miles further on a tank than the NC will

NC will be on reserve again in a few days

Truck won't need gas again until mid April or so lol
 
Cheap gas in the US, how much per gallon?
...years ago was 40L for C$20 bucks, then 40 for 40 and today 20L for C$40 :s
 
Thread starter
PB today it was $4.09 a gal for reg here in the Queen City
 
Thread starter
Here in the midwest it is cheaper than on the coasts I'm sure...especially California
 
Thread starter
WOW .... that's higher than I would have expected, and nearly $3 a gallon higher than here.
 
Thread starter
as a retired buddy of mine from Tennessee says

"If you're retired, the price of fuel is not so much a problem, unless you wanted to travel during your retirement."
 
m in sc_imp said:
still just under 4 bucks this morning in rock hill, sc. just fyi. 3.95-3.99 for regular. Good news from opec this morning though, so prices wont go much higher and should start dropping soon.
" ... Good news from opec ... "



. . .



. . .

 
Back
Top