gas mileage on the skateboard

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
On another forum I mentioned how I could probably get better mileage on the new Wing than the tester did who averaged 38 mpg, but admitted very aggressive riding during some of the testing.

VLJ responded.... no doubt, because you turn everything you ride onto a skateboard .... lol. I hadn't checked my mileage in awhile so thought I would today. Today's ride was a normal/typical ride, 67 miles over to the lake and home the back way on some really good curvy roads. I wasn't pushing it and I wasn't dogging it. Just riding as I always do. Here's the numbers

Miles today

054d6c4fc4d064ff2aab29e612fe35ab.jpg


Average miles per gallon today

bcb197525944da50b2c53d9f4c015648.jpg


Mileage on this tank of fuel (still showing 2 bars remaining)

d774fa0ac7612c6d307512b7b42cf5e6.jpg


Average miles per gallon on this tank

abc2821db6882f4b1ca8407fd39a2593.jpg


Tank on a dlx holds what 4.6 gals? At 56 mpg the tank should go 257.6 miles to empty. I have gone 225 miles on a tank a couple of times and had a half gallon left when refilling so the numbers add up.

I lose about 10 mpg when running 70+ on the freeway but still should be able to go 200 miles + before running out of gas (although I start looking for gas at about 150 miles on trips.)

skateboard? :rofl:
 
Thread starter
I have no life. :(

That's how I became a moderator. Have nothing else to do (except ride) lol

Did see something cool/funny on today's ride. There is a really tight curve on this one road. Going north, like I was today, it's a hard right. Heading south a hard left, but if you apex it just right coming from that direction, it's a really cool turn, in which you can carry a lot of speed and lean over really far. Hit it right and it's magic. Anyhow as I'm approaching headed north I see a bike apexing the turn, leaned over really far. I figure 600 sport bike rider that knows what he's doing. He straightens up and as he passes me I look over and it's a guy in full racing leathers on a GROM with it's full exhaust brapping Lol
 
I would love to have a Grom. Yes, I know I'd look like a big fat guy on a...well on a Grom, but never the less....
 
The ferret_imp said:
On another forum I mentioned how I could probably get better mileage on the new Wing than the tester did who averaged 38 mpg, but admitted very aggressive riding during some of the testing.

VLJ responded.... no doubt, because you turn everything you ride onto a skateboard .... lol. I hadn't checked my mileage in awhile so thought I would today. Today's ride was a normal/typical ride, 67 miles over to the lake and home the back way on some really good curvy roads. I wasn't pushing it and I wasn't dogging it. Just riding as I always do. Here's the numbers

Miles today

054d6c4fc4d064ff2aab29e612fe35ab.jpg


Average miles per gallon today

bcb197525944da50b2c53d9f4c015648.jpg


Mileage on this tank of fuel (still showing 2 bars remaining)

d774fa0ac7612c6d307512b7b42cf5e6.jpg


Average miles per gallon on this tank

abc2821db6882f4b1ca8407fd39a2593.jpg


Tank on a dlx holds what 4.6 gals? At 56 mpg the tank should go 257.6 miles to empty. I have gone 225 miles on a tank a couple of times and had a half gallon left when refilling so the numbers add up.

I lose about 10 mpg when running 70+ on the freeway but still should be able to go 200 miles + before running out of gas (although I start looking for gas at about 150 miles on trips.)

skateboard? :rofl:
'bout the same for my 2014 standard.
Yesterday's run was 88 miles from 2,200 feet elevation to 8,500 feet and back. Averaged over 55 MPG, but it was a relaxed/pensive ride.
 
Always average above 52 mpg don’t dog it , but do jump on it some when the opportunity arises .
 
It is very rare that I get over 50mpg, common is 43-45...and I know I'm fairly sedate on the throttle. I'm having the same results on the '17 as I did on the '14. I'm going to try riding the surrounding country roads at speeds between 40-60 for a full tank to see what happens out of curiosity. I think one difference may be is that I live Gresham, OR, just east of Portland, and there are lots of hills.

The best test...Ferret, ride out here for a visit and let's compare results. : )
 
Thread starter
I was amazed at the mileage I got in Colorado last year riding with Longranger and Offroad (riding lots of hills but high elevation). I averaged 78 mpg on my first fill, Longranger 66 and Offroad 61. (see post 1 below)

a Rocky Mountain high ***New pics added***
 
Back
Top