gas cap

fishmitch_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
has anyone found a replacement gas cap that doesn't require a key to open or have a quick fix for the standard gas cap to get around unlocking it every time to fill up? thanx fishmitch
 
CB1100dan_imp said:
I like the gas cap, its very nice looking.
I noticed right away that the CB1100 gas cap is identical to the one on my '93 CB750 (and probably many others). Classic Honda design.

Several years back I was looking for gas cap options for a friend who was rebuilding a late model CB750 and found nothing out in the wild that would fit besides a stock (locking) cap.
 
I don't mind the lock. What I don't like is that it opens toward the seat. Hard to handle filler nozzle. I'd like a cap that I could remove.
 
It's for safety and probably a good thing too. I still have the recall card for the cap on my 1976 CB750. It had a thumb latch release but Honda recalled all of the thumb latch bikes to put on the locking kind after a few riders went down and had their caps pop open, spilling/igniting the fuel in the tank. Nothing quite like roasting your testicles after a spill! :s

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"..... :D
 
Damfino_imp said:
It's for safety and probably a good thing too. I still have the recall card for the cap on my 1976 CB750. It had a thumb latch release but Honda recalled all of the thumb latch bikes to put on the locking kind after a few riders went down and had their caps pop open, spilling/igniting the fuel in the tank. Nothing quite like roasting your testicles after a spill! :s

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"..... :D
Lord I can't begin to tell you how many hundreds of those I installed back then.
 
Back
Top