Future of motorcycling: Alternative fuel source ...

GoldOxide_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Actually, this not only affects motorcycling, but transportation that includes flight.

There may be reasonable and realistic hope now. Take a look ...


 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Actually, this not only affects motorcycling, but transportation that includes flight.

There may be reasonable and realistic hope now. Take a look ...


I watched this video in the morning a few days back. It was a nice way to begin the day. Makes you wonder if you're not watching the beginning of something that could profoundly change the nature of things...or the things of nature--in a very positive way.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Actually, this not only affects motorcycling, but transportation that includes flight.

There may be reasonable and realistic hope now. Take a look ...


I watched this video in the morning a few days back. It was a nice way to begin the day. Makes you wonder if you're not watching the beginning of something that could profoundly change the nature of things...or the things of nature--in a very positive way.
Agreed.

The approach is wholesome in that nothing we have currently available (e.g. renewable sources) goes to waste. In fact, renewables will be needed more than ever. Power from our fusion sun star is "infinite", and should it stop being available, well, we have a much different issue to deal with.

I believe many are fatigued with OPEC+, so this is an alternative way to get back. In any case, it is a great transitionary opportunity to the ultimate source of energy (e.g. possible future fusion reaction sources, or whatever), keep riding what we enjoy and maybe feel less shamed about the damage we do to our environment. Heck, we even get some oxygen back.
 
Very interesting vid, it reminds me of a vid made by this chap who interviewed JCB owner Lord Bamford on the subject of alternative fuels.

I watch Harry's Garage vids quite often as he is a comfirmed petrol head with a passion for motorcycles too.

JT
 
Thanks Au₂O₃. If this guy can do what he says, I’d have thought it’s a game changer, at least in the short to medium term. Being able to power existing equipment without harm and without having to modify it is, at the very least, a way to enable transition.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks Au₂O₃. If this guy can do what he says, I’d have thought it’s a game changer, at least in the short to medium term. Being able to power existing equipment without harm and without having to modify it is, at the very least, a way to enable transition.
:thumbsup:

I'm rootin'!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks Au₂O₃. If this guy can do what he says, I’d have thought it’s a game changer, at least in the short to medium term. Being able to power existing equipment without harm and without having to modify it is, at the very least, a way to enable transition.
:thumbsup:

I'm rootin'!
That expression has a completely different meaning Down Under. :D
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks Au₂O₃. If this guy can do what he says, I’d have thought it’s a game changer, at least in the short to medium term. Being able to power existing equipment without harm and without having to modify it is, at the very least, a way to enable transition.
:thumbsup:

I'm rootin'!
That expression has a completely different meaning Down Under. :D
That expression has a completely different meaning Down Under. :D
lol - Ah ya, it's that "Roots" thang, isn't it?

Well, I suppose it is difficult to be rootin' a concept or process. :)

= = =

You'all have root beer down under?
 
A business associate made quite a splash at SEMA recently when he pulled the cover off of a hydrogen-powered truck. Not hydrogen-to-electric, but a standard V8 engine modified to run directly on hydrogen. Engineers from Bosch, who worked on the project, were on hand to discuss the details, but it looks promising, and the only exhaust is water vapor. When it's perfected, they plan to market conversion kits. Sounds like it might be a ways off, but ya never know...
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
A business associate made quite a splash at SEMA recently when he pulled the cover off of a hydrogen-powered truck. Not hydrogen-to-electric, but a standard V8 engine modified to run directly on hydrogen. Engineers from Bosch, who worked on the project, were on hand to discuss the details, but it looks promising, and the only exhaust is water vapor. When it's perfected, they plan to market conversion kits. Sounds like it might be a ways off, but ya never know...
... similar to Jonnyteabag's remark:

Future of motorcycling: Alternative fuel source ...
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks Au₂O₃. If this guy can do what he says, I’d have thought it’s a game changer, at least in the short to medium term. Being able to power existing equipment without harm and without having to modify it is, at the very least, a way to enable transition.
:thumbsup:

I'm rootin'!
That expression has a completely different meaning Down Under. :D
That expression has a completely different meaning Down Under. :D
lol - Ah ya, it's that "Roots" thang, isn't it?

Well, I suppose it is difficult to be rootin' a concept or process. :)

= = =

You'all have root beer down under?
Pretty easy to root a process. :)

GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks Au₂O₃. If this guy can do what he says, I’d have thought it’s a game changer, at least in the short to medium term. Being able to power existing equipment without harm and without having to modify it is, at the very least, a way to enable transition.
:thumbsup:

I'm rootin'!
That expression has a completely different meaning Down Under. :D
That expression has a completely different meaning Down Under. :D
lol - Ah ya, it's that "Roots" thang, isn't it?

Well, I suppose it is difficult to be rootin' a concept or process. :)

= = =

You'all have root beer down under?
Not by that name. It gets called Sarsaparilla. Can't remember the last time I drank it.
 
Tremendous video there GoldOxide. It's easy to dismiss the next big eFuels claim but there was some good evidence and optimism that Prometheus fuels is bringing to the table. Most exciting to me is the premise that we won't have to sacrifice the modes of transportation or the toys that sprout from it (motorcycles, hotrods) for sake of 'clean energy'. I can't for the life of me see how transitioning to EVs full bore (no pun intended) will be successful when we lack infrastructure to support that kind of system while ditching combustion engines altogether. Not to mention the lack of freedom tied to EVs in the sense that your car could be hacked and whatever other nefarious purposes arises out of this transition. Hope to hear more about Prometheus in the future.
 
Thread starter
specialist8_imp said:
Tremendous video there GoldOxide. It's easy to dismiss the next big eFuels claim but there was some good evidence and optimism that Prometheus fuels is bringing to the table. Most exciting to me is the premise that we won't have to sacrifice the modes of transportation or the toys that sprout from it (motorcycles, hotrods) for sake of 'clean energy'. I can't for the life of me see how transitioning to EVs full bore (no pun intended) will be successful when we lack infrastructure to support that kind of system while ditching combustion engines altogether. Not to mention the lack of freedom tied to EVs in the sense that your car could be hacked and whatever other nefarious purposes arises out of this transition. Hope to hear more about Prometheus in the future.
You mean maybe like the government can throw off the switch and relatively quickly everybody can't go anywhere? Pretty good crowd control. Not even a horse and buggy in sight.
 
Yeah. Ummm. I might look at an electric bike, but I doubt that the technology will be there for how I ride before I stop riding.
 
Back
Top