Is this a riddle? Because it was a smart helmet?The ferret_imp said:How would that helmet have known oil was on the road and saved the rider?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Is this a riddle? Because it was a smart helmet?The ferret_imp said:How would that helmet have known oil was on the road and saved the rider?
It does not have to be that high. I was riding a (bicycle) track event in the late 70's and a girl fell over while completely still, doing a track stand, conked her head and died. A skull will smush when dropped from 1 meter just like a watermelon, the news later reported. Those were the days before hard bicycle helmets, when we used leather "hair nets". I am showing age here, I know.Django_imp said:Put a watermelon in an open face helmet and let it fall down from a 30 ft high tower.
Then do the same with a full helmet and see the difference...
Beside kidding, I tried an open face helmet only once in summer of 2003, when we had really hot temperatures. But very soon I decided, I like more the integral helmet, as it also protects you from the hot wind while riding in the heat.
It does not have to be that high. I was riding a (bicycle) track event in the late 70's and a girl fell over while completely still, doing a track stand, conked her head and died. A skull will smush when dropped from 1 meter just like a watermelon, the news later reported. Those were the days before hard bicycle helmets, when we used leather "hair nets". I am showing age here, I know.jitaylor_imp said:It does not have to be that high. I was riding a (bicycle) track event in the late 70's and a girl fell over while completely still, doing a track stand, conked her head and died. A skull will smush when dropped from 1 meter just like a watermelon, the news later reported. Those were the days before hard bicycle helmets, when we used leather "hair nets". I am showing age here, I know.Django_imp said:Put a watermelon in an open face helmet and let it fall down from a 30 ft high tower.
Then do the same with a full helmet and see the difference...
Beside kidding, I tried an open face helmet only once in summer of 2003, when we had really hot temperatures. But very soon I decided, I like more the integral helmet, as it also protects you from the hot wind while riding in the heat.
Possibly on the assumption the neck wasn't broken due to whiplash I suppose (i.e. no helmet impact).GoldOxide_imp said:Possibly on the assumption the neck wasn't broken due to whiplash I suppose (i.e. no helmet impact).EmptySea_imp said:Why would that be interesting, GoldOxide?
In terms of helmet impact, there could be a correlation between helmet "zone" impact and any severity of any neck damage. Never seen stats on that, not sure if there would be any. Hence, the call out.
Possibly on the assumption the neck wasn't broken due to whiplash I suppose (i.e. no helmet impact).EmptySea_imp said:Possibly on the assumption the neck wasn't broken due to whiplash I suppose (i.e. no helmet impact).GoldOxide_imp said:Possibly on the assumption the neck wasn't broken due to whiplash I suppose (i.e. no helmet impact).EmptySea_imp said:Why would that be interesting, GoldOxide?
In terms of helmet impact, there could be a correlation between helmet "zone" impact and any severity of any neck damage. Never seen stats on that, not sure if there would be any. Hence, the call out.
In terms of helmet impact, there could be a correlation between helmet "zone" impact and any severity of any neck damage. Never seen stats on that, not sure if there would be any. Hence, the call out.
Thanks for clearing that up. I've seen your original question, or forms of it, asked rhetorically in defense of not wearing a helmet (I don't think that was your reason for asking). The questioner usually has a hypothesis that helmets cause more injuries, particularly to the neck and spinal cord, than they prevent. My typical reply to those people is that in most cases, your head hitting the pavement would have probably killed you before you ever had the chance to realize you were paralyzed.
Doesn't that deploy with a tether? With my luck I'd forget to unhook it at some point before dismounting.Houtman_imp said:I wear a Helite vest and you can wear it over a well ventilated jacket.
I rather sweat than bleed , showers take care of the sweat.
They have them in black but that one could hot, the green/yellow one is not too bad.
^^^ + 1..LongRanger_imp said:It's the same as wearing a seat belt. It doesn't take long to learn that you need to unbuckle your seat belt before you get out of the car.
True, but you're not getting out of your car without unbuckling. lolLongRanger_imp said:It's the same as wearing a seat belt. It doesn't take long to learn that you need to unbuckle your seat belt before you get out of the car.
You do not even know that it is there and yes I hope that I never have the need to test it .GoldOxide_imp said:Being tethered to a m/c doesn't feel right.
Watercraft, sure.
You do not even know that it is there and yes I hope that I never have the need to test it .Houtman_imp said:You do not even know that it is there and yes I hope that I never have the need to test it .GoldOxide_imp said:Being tethered to a m/c doesn't feel right.
Watercraft, sure.