Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The O2 bung plug bolt DOES NOT come with the headers. I took the collector to ACE hardware and bought a stainless bolt that fit.misterprofessionality_imp said:I do actually have a manual now, even though i was seriously loathe to spend such an astronomical amount of money on a simple book, i do have it. However, my task didn't originally include pulling the O2 sensor, so i never looked that part up. It only became a need when i realized that Mr. T. had left the special plug bolt for the O2 sensor port out of my package when i ordered my new headers. My backup plan become to use the old O2 sensor to plug the hole at that point, which is why i needed to pull it.
thankfully, the cost of a new O2 sensor really isn't on my radar, since i have no need for one at this point.
as for the gasket...i've gone looking around based on what you've told me and found the proper term to be "carbon crush gasket." once i knew the right name for it, I was able to do a little research.
The fact is, unfortunately, that nobody around here in town has any in stock at all, not honda dealerships, not parts shops, not cyclegear, nobody at all. So, i've now found the exact size that i'm supposed to need for a Delkevic exhaust and ordered it online.
This again is a situation where the shop manual was totally useless, since the Exhaust i'm using is aftermarket. All i had to go by are the extremely obtuse and very japanese instructions that came with the parts. If i hadn't noticed that graphite material flaking off the inside of the pipe i would never have guessed there was a gasket there that needed replacing.
Koken 3300FN-17 socket is the answermisterprofessionality_imp said:anybody got an advice for physically disconnecting the O2 sensor from the stock exhaust? now that I can see this thing i really have no idea how i'm supposed to get a wrench around it...it's all recessed into an alcove, and there are wires so you can't get a socket over it. what's the trick here?
the lighting is a little harsh but here you go:Houtman_imp said:That looks nice! , can you show us a picture showing the pipe in full ? Thanks .
:worship: Carry on. We believe you now. Drooling emojiteamvisegrip_imp said:bheezy27403
If you are referring to me needing to post pictures as proof! LOL! I cannot post pictures yet on this sight. Once I can I would love too. The best I can do is give a link to the dreaded Photo Bucket Album. I downloaded the photos and gave descriptions below each one. Just click the link at the end.
As for the history of the bike... I had bought a 1986 Honda VF500 in 86 and at the end of the year it was totaled in an accident. I did not take delivery of the VFR 750 till the summer of 1987 so many of the dealer items were not needed any more. So they let me have what ever I wanted and more. Back in the day there was a huge tiled mural of the bike. They offered me that item but I was so stupid I said no. I regret it to this day. But then where would I put it. It was huge!
Now... I was on very good terms with these guys. They knew I had a Kawasaki 250 Ninja... I had bought a Kerker full exhaust for it... they needed a bike for Daytona Bike Week and only had room for a small bike in the van. They asked to use my Kawasaki and I agreed as long as they jetted the bike for the pipe! Sure was the answer... but they wanted to do the tuning before the trip. Done deal.
Yup back in the day you could have this kind of relationship with the dealer. I have a good relation with the dealers up here but not like the ones back then.
Enjoy the cool items with the bike.
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
it was already pretty Rare with the MIZ tail, but now i've added a MIZ carbon fiber front fender too. The Paint job I get next year will put it over the top.Bheezy27403_imp said:looks good Mr P. You see, all your struggles are worth it when you persevere and accomplish the task at hand. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems at the time in retrospect. And now you have a VERY rare and unique CB. Not many with those headers on the road. Well done.
I have the same Delkevic can BTW. Love it. Sure would like to hear it without the cat!
:worship: Carry on. We believe you now. Drooling emojiteamvisegrip_imp said:bheezy27403
If you are referring to me needing to post pictures as proof! LOL! I cannot post pictures yet on this sight. Once I can I would love too. The best I can do is give a link to the dreaded Photo Bucket Album. I downloaded the photos and gave descriptions below each one. Just click the link at the end.
As for the history of the bike... I had bought a 1986 Honda VF500 in 86 and at the end of the year it was totaled in an accident. I did not take delivery of the VFR 750 till the summer of 1987 so many of the dealer items were not needed any more. So they let me have what ever I wanted and more. Back in the day there was a huge tiled mural of the bike. They offered me that item but I was so stupid I said no. I regret it to this day. But then where would I put it. It was huge!
Now... I was on very good terms with these guys. They knew I had a Kawasaki 250 Ninja... I had bought a Kerker full exhaust for it... they needed a bike for Daytona Bike Week and only had room for a small bike in the van. They asked to use my Kawasaki and I agreed as long as they jetted the bike for the pipe! Sure was the answer... but they wanted to do the tuning before the trip. Done deal.
Yup back in the day you could have this kind of relationship with the dealer. I have a good relation with the dealers up here but not like the ones back then.
Enjoy the cool items with the bike.
Private Group Photo & Video Sharing