Fuel stablizer compare video

Very interesting- I could have used this info last year.... the murder has already been committed .... which brings me to the next phase.... how to resurrect the dead...
 
jdgrego1_imp said:
Very interesting- I could have used this info last year.... the murder has already been committed .... which brings me to the next phase.... how to resurrect the dead...
btw, how did your fuel pump replacement go?
 
geez I swear by Sea foam lol. Used to use Stabil until I had a issue one spring, and haven't had any trouble since switching to seafoam.
 
I'm a Sea Foam fan. Use it as a stabilizer in my small engines and the bikes if they're not to be ridden for a while. I also run some through my 10 year old Nissan Frontier every few months.
 
I always use the Blue Stabil , more concentrated and cheaper therefor per gallon of gas . A lot of boat owners use this during winter storage of their engines.
 
Interesting ... I'm not sure that ethanol isn't the real villain.

And it led me to this interesting chain cleaner comparison,
 
I've found Stabil and Seafoam to have a positive effect over time. I'm not sure the short-term tests in the video are valid or relevant. The real test is to mix with fuel and let them sit for months and try them in the same bike.
 
In 40 years I never had "bad gas" out of spring storage without fuel stabilizer. However, I always fill storage to the top to minimize surface exposure to oxygen, and top tier brand name regular and mid grade fuel was used. I have used vanilla stabilizer, but quite inconsistently (vs. nothing) in lawn mowers. They never failed to start in spring, typically on the first pull, full choke.
 
pekingduck, is your experience with E10 or higher or regular gasoline?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
pekingduck, is your experience with E10 or higher or regular gasoline?
E10 which is all you can buy in California. Back 10-15 years ago, there was a lot of problem with fuel going bad very quickly, in a month or two. Lawnmowers and other small engines were greatly affected and the fuel formulations seem to have improved greatly.

It now seems that fuels are lasting longer by comparison, but in situations where I won't use a bike for a month or two, I will still add some Seafoam.
 
Fuel without E10 is becoming easier and cheaper to get in Georgia. Two years ago there were only two places selling it locally and at nearly twice the cost of E10. Now there are several locations with signs out front, "We have ethanol free", and the price is down. I use the ethanol free in all my small motors now.
 
I dont know. Been a satisfied Seafoam user for years. Plan on winterizing leaf blowers, chainsaw, weed whacker, riding mower , push mower this weekend. Will be using fresh gas and Seafoam again as I have for many years, and trust they will start and run fine in the spring. I also put it in my bikes a couple times a year, but each bike never sit more than a few day a year, but if I had to put one up for an extended period of time I'd use Seafoam in it.

My ATV with snow plow was used once this past winter which means it sat from maybe February 2019 until today having only been used once. It had Seafoam in it, and was on a battery tender jr the whole time. Got it out today just to see if it would start with winter coming up, and it started right up and ran fine. Ran it up and down the road a couple of times, topped off the gas, added 4 oz of seafoam, and put it back on the trickle charger hoping I dont have to use it more than once this coming winter too.
 
Thread starter
I've had both cars and bikes literally sit for years on just pump gas- no additives- and start right up and run fine.

Granted- fuel injected.

It is the carbs that give troubles in my experience.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I've had both cars and bikes literally sit for years on just pump gas- no additives- and start right up and run fine.

Granted- fuel injected.

It is the carbs that give troubles in my experience.
Same here, but carb-based lawn mower. Mind you, it is a Honda lump. It just starts in the first to third pull after a long, hard, cold Canadian winter outdoors. This year it started on the first pull. No extra fuel preserve. The fuel sits in the tank all winter. Heck, I even changed the lawn mower oil the first time in three years. The oil "looked" good, but I changed it nevertheless. It gets about 25 hours of use per year.

All other outdoor equipment is battery operated.

I never winter-store the motorcycles or cages.
 
Back
Top