Fuel line connection came undone and left me stranded!

Elipten_imp said:
Put a little bit of clean oil on your finger and rum it on that metal tube. Trust me it goes together easier with that little mod.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT

The oil mod or the rum mod? I can see that either, or even both together, might be effacious. (Sorry mate, couldn't resist it :) )

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Today I received a mail from the dealer where I got the bike from.

He admitted it was his fault. :thumbsup:
To make the installation of the heated grips easier they lifted the tank and disconnected the fuel line.

They forgot to reconnect the fuel line firmly (click sound).
 
Thread starter
indeed, an honest dealer is always a good thing, too bad he's located too far from me to do maintenance

quietguy, true!
Worst case is on the freeway, losing power, having to drift to the road shoulder...if there is any at that moment you happen to stand still, or drift at a highway intersection.
 
I simply don't take mine to the dealer any more. Heck, I even have a close friend that works there. The only thing that I use them for is tire mounting if I don't want to do it, but I still take the wheels off.

That little green clip can get out of position and the gas line won't secure itself. I've had the gixxer tank off/on a hundred times and you do eventually get good at removal/install of those.
 
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what are the part numbers for that green connector and black rubber surround? Have to tackle the OEM heated grip installation myself.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
suryamp_imp said:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what are the part numbers for that green connector and black rubber surround? Have to tackle the OEM heated grip installation myself.
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
Yeah I have a 2017 too and in the 2013 and 2014 part diagrams it is easy to find the green connector and rubber piece but in the 2017 diagrams I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if the 2017s don't have the part...
 
suryamp_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
suryamp_imp said:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what are the part numbers for that green connector and black rubber surround? Have to tackle the OEM heated grip installation myself.
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
Yeah I have a 2017 too and in the 2013 and 2014 part diagrams it is easy to find the green connector and rubber piece but in the 2017 diagrams I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if the 2017s don't have the part...
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
Yeah I have a 2017 too and in the 2013 and 2014 part diagrams it is easy to find the green connector and rubber piece but in the 2017 diagrams I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if the 2017s don't have the part...

For 2017 and later years, The connector is of a completely different construction, there is no green connector anymore- It's been replaced by the "milky white" colour lock which should be replaced everytime it's been disconnected (as per Honda manual). I placed a picture of the newer version connector and instructions there in the "How to" section.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....975&page=2

Regards
Alain
 
When I disconnected my fuel line the connection would NOT come apart using my fingers. No matter how hard I squeezed the green plastic tangs together they would not disengage from the mating part. Snapping the two halves of the joint together forces the female side of the joint to expand, allowing the tapered surfaces of the green (male) side of the joint to slide into position. Maybe it was just the manufacturing tolerances, but the green (male) piece would not disengage using finger pressure. I was forced to use a needle nose plyer and a small screw driver to get the joint apart, and ended up damaging the plastic pieces and having to replace the entire connection. In my opinion, this is a terrible design.
I watched this video. I can't believe the fuel line connection can be disconnected that easily and quickly - can I please get comments from other people who have removed their fuel tanks?
 
Alain Lee_imp said:
suryamp_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
suryamp_imp said:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what are the part numbers for that green connector and black rubber surround? Have to tackle the OEM heated grip installation myself.
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
Yeah I have a 2017 too and in the 2013 and 2014 part diagrams it is easy to find the green connector and rubber piece but in the 2017 diagrams I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if the 2017s don't have the part...
This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump
Yeah I have a 2017 too and in the 2013 and 2014 part diagrams it is easy to find the green connector and rubber piece but in the 2017 diagrams I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if the 2017s don't have the part...

For 2017 and later years, The connector is of a completely different construction, there is no green connector anymore- It's been replaced by the "milky white" colour lock which should be replaced everytime it's been disconnected (as per Honda manual). I placed a picture of the newer version connector and instructions there in the "How to" section.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....975&page=2

Regards
Alain

This is for 2017, check your model prior ordering:
[url=https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump]https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901f87a8660d54fac32c/fuel-tank-fuel-pump

Yeah I have a 2017 too and in the 2013 and 2014 part diagrams it is easy to find the green connector and rubber piece but in the 2017 diagrams I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if the 2017s don't have the part...

For 2017 and later years, The connector is of a completely different construction, there is no green connector anymore- It's been replaced by the "milky white" colour lock which should be replaced everytime it's been disconnected (as per Honda manual). I placed a picture of the newer version connector and instructions there in the "How to" section.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....975&page=2

Regards
Alain
By chance do you have the part #? I looked in the links you posted and it doesn't seem to contain one. I see 17526-MGC-JB1 but I think that just replaces the entire hose and I'm not sure the connector is even included.
 
Yes, you have to replace the entire hose (the white piece is not sold separately)
Chuckk of "Ventura" California did replaced the hose, may be he can confirm the part number.
Regards
Alain
 
Back
Top