Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I somewhat believe in that analogy but,,,, at the same time I like thinking out the box and fix it before it breaksNachodaddy_imp said:Welcome to the Forum, Mafd2. As my old friend (he's in his mid-nineties and still turning wrenches on Model T Fords) Harold Mann says, "If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it."

I'd like to see pics. ThanksLord Popgun_imp said:Gecko, the fuel pump is mounted inside the tank from the bottom. To remove it you have to remove the tank, turn it upside down and unbolt the nuts that hold it. The tank has studs that the nuts thread on to.
Most people are never going to do that. I have as I had to replace my tank. I think I have pics of the pump but can’t find them on the board. They should still be on my phone or Photobucket and I can post them unless someone else posts pics first.
Mafd2_imp said:I somewhat believe in that analogy but,,,, at the same time I like thinking out the box and fix it before it breaksNachodaddy_imp said:Welcome to the Forum, Mafd2. As my old friend (he's in his mid-nineties and still turning wrenches on Model T Fords) Harold Mann says, "If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it."
I'd like to see pics. ThanksLord Popgun_imp said:Gecko, the fuel pump is mounted inside the tank from the bottom. To remove it you have to remove the tank, turn it upside down and unbolt the nuts that hold it. The tank has studs that the nuts thread on to.
Most people are never going to do that. I have as I had to replace my tank. I think I have pics of the pump but can’t find them on the board. They should still be on my phone or Photobucket and I can post them unless someone else posts pics first.
Thanks for the pics.Lord Popgun_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:There is no need to ever mess with the filter.
Don't go looking for problems or your likely to make one.
Murphy arrived?The Gecko_imp said:My dad bought a new sedan, years ago. Nice 6 cyl injected engine, and first time he goes on the interstate and at a little higher speed ... the engine simply quits in the left lane. He barely manages to pull over. What to do ? Try if it starts. No luck. Try again, no joy. Call for help, and when the truck arrives, the friendly helper asks for the keys, uses it, and ... roar ... in 2secs engine is running again. He leaves with a smile, after presenting the paperwork for the insurance.
My dad is stunned, okay he says “let’s go home”. He stays on the right lane this time, mumbling sth in his beard. And guess what happened next ?
No the CBs filter is separate from the pump, but you have to remove the pump assembly from the tank to get to it, and it's over $300 for the filter alone.Gone in 60_imp said:Went looking for the fuel filter on Mrs.' Honda CRV, found that it is permanent and non-serviceable.
So, my CB's filter is the same, being a Honda. Right?