Front Tyre wearing flat across centre

Davidjill

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi All,

Running 36psi front 42psi rear

The front tyre is wearing flat across the centre, wisdom says underinflation, yet manual, label on frame and threads on here say 36/42

Should I try 38-40 psi, or is there anything else that can cause this?

My commute and general riding are fairly straight roads, maybe I need to find a twistier route ?
 
What brand of tyre Davidjill? If it's the Bridgestone BT54, members have reported very rapid wear on the front.

I'd recommend a twistier route to work and home if for no other reason that it's likely to be more fun. :)
 
This is a very good tire.
I had it in the rear, but only for 800 kms, then I sold my CB std. 
I'd like to see the pic of the thread of this tire, maybe I'll be able to deduce something??
 
peterbaron said:
Aggred to BT54 = useLESS tire

I will agree that they do wear out quickly because they are VERY thin from new, but I did get a bit over 9,000 miles on my first front tire.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron said:
This is a very good tire.
I had it in the rear, but only for 800 kms, then I sold my CB std. 
I'd like to see the pic of the thread of this tire, maybe I'll be able to deduce something??

I will take a couple of pictures in the morning and post on here for you to have a look, Peter. Thanks
 
Back
Top