Front Axle Pinch Bolt Torque ?

rocket_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just installed the Superbrace & want to retorque the axle pinch bolts. I guessed at 25 #, but would like something more accurate than my guess. Thanks, Rocket
 
When I installed my Superbrace, I referenced the ferret's thread on how to install fork gaiters for the pinch bolt torque measurements (19 ft lbs). I finally broke down and ordered the service manual yesterday but knowing how detailed the ferret is in his calculations, I have no doubt that it's spot on.

His thread is here: How To install Fork Boots aka Gaiters In post #3, he lists the torque values at the end.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Honda service manual says 17flbs for the upper triple clamp bolts and 32flbs for the lower.

19flbs for the pinch bolts.
I will NEVER trust the ferret AGAIN.

Am I correct in assuming the "clamp bolts" are the same as the "pinch bolts"?
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Honda service manual says 17flbs for the upper triple clamp bolts and 32flbs for the lower.

19flbs for the pinch bolts.
I will NEVER trust the ferret AGAIN.

Am I correct in assuming the "clamp bolts" are the same as the "pinch bolts"?
I will NEVER trust the ferret AGAIN.

Am I correct in assuming the "clamp bolts" are the same as the "pinch bolts"?
You were right the first time. I screwed up and listed the triple clamp values then corrected my mistake and listed the values for the pinch bolts.
 
redbirds_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Honda service manual says 17flbs for the upper triple clamp bolts and 32flbs for the lower.

19flbs for the pinch bolts.
I will NEVER trust the ferret AGAIN.

Am I correct in assuming the "clamp bolts" are the same as the "pinch bolts"?
I will NEVER trust the ferret AGAIN.

Am I correct in assuming the "clamp bolts" are the same as the "pinch bolts"?
You were right the first time. I screwed up and listed the triple clamp values then corrected my mistake and listed the values for the pinch bolts.
I will NEVER trust the ferret AGAIN.

Am I correct in assuming the "clamp bolts" are the same as the "pinch bolts"?
You were right the first time. I screwed up and listed the triple clamp values then corrected my mistake and listed the values for the pinch bolts.
Like I said, I never, ever, doubt the ferret.
 
:rofl: Dang you guys had me confused for a minute.

I'm still not sure if I posted it right or wrong. guess it depends on what you are labeling pinch bolts. I would think those would be the two little ones down by the axle on the front of the lower legs.
 
Back
Top