Frankfurt to Budapest

EarsOnWheels_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I had to miss out on the great Australia trip with InHouseBob, but I managed to find some solo adventure time to get away from work. I flew to Frankfurt and then rented from All Around Vermeitung. Lots of bike to chose from. After hitting the highway for five minutes, I actually had to turn around. The windscreen caused so much turbulence, I'm sure I would have a permanent hearing damage after the trip if I'd left it in place. They removed it no problem.

First day, rode south, passed through Balingen, hopped on 440 and headed to the Bodensee. Road was awesome and led to more awesome roads. AirBnB hosts had a beer waiting when I served.

I'll post a few choice photos in the thread as I go through things.



 
Really sorry you didn't make it to Oz, EarsOnWheels, but this looks a better than ordinary consolation prize. Look forward to more report and pictures.

What's the bike? How do you like it?
 
very cool EOW! You went by yourself? I wish I was that brave lol.
 
Thread starter
Bike is a CBF600-N. Inline four still, but not quite the muscle of the CB1100. Naked and easy to manuever. (I should write a personals ad!) I found it very easy to corner, and it was sufficient for the Autobahn as well.

I'm not sure what year, but here are some stats. Mine was still carbureted. Makes about 75hp. I got it up to 190kph (118mph), downhill with a tailwind and full tuck. 😇 Had more fun on the mountain roads! 2012 Honda CBF600N

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
 
The answer to my question, curiously, was found in the Classifieds section of the forum. The bike is a CBF600-N. How was it?
 
Thread starter
Here's the route and pictures from Wednesday morning. I didn't map out the route specifically. I had checked maps and looked for inspiration. I wore one backpack. Not too heavy, but was packed so tight my shaving cream leaked!

From the Bodensee, I headed into the Alps. While riding, I saw a waterfall, and I stopped to hike up to it. Later, I saw a little waterfall going over my tunnel! Bonus photo: best bus stop.
 
Gorgeous photos EOW.. well except for the back pack one lol
 
Thread starter
Ferret - I was shooting while riding just like the cool kids. Canon 6D around my neck while I rode. 24mm 2.8 prime, mostly at f8 = everything from 2 meters out is in focus.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
No traffic in the mountains! Only one small jam for construction. Felt just like home. (DC!)

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Ferret - I was shooting while riding just like the cool kids. Canon 6D around my neck while I rode. 24mm 2.8 prime, mostly at f8 = everything from 2 meters out is in focus.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Wow, you speak Euro now. Cool!
 
Fantastic, EOW. More?
 
Thread starter
Tuesday riding in the Alps. Stopped in Schrocken, Austria for a snack. Definitely in the right place... And check out the KTM!
 
Beautiful. I love Europe. Need to go back one of these years.
 
I'm getting inspired too! Maybe we could have a CB1100 Forum rally there one day. Some of our European friends could supply the CB1100s; the rest of us can ride whatever we can get our hands on.
 
I just noticed this thread now. Looks like a great trip - EOW, I take it you are back home now after your trip? What made you choose Budapest for your destination? I hope you had a great trip.

If anyone visits Hungary for a ride like this, let me know as I'd be happy to give some tips, maybe join for a part of the ride, or offer accommodation while in Budapest.

Looking forward to the rest of this ride report!
 
Thread starter
Back home! A friend I met in DC lives in Budapest. Was there for three days.

Wish I'd posted before! Would have been great to meet you. Maybe I'll be able to go back again.
 
Back
Top