GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Wooo-hoooo! Alright!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Goodness me! That should be illegal !! Do you not stop every 100yards and clean it off...??Flynrider_imp said:Glad to hear it worked, Frulk! It really doesn't take much dirt getting under the dust seals to cause a leak. In my case, I rode about 75 miles of dusty, muddy back roads and the seals started leaking immediately. That's what tipped me off that I might be dealing with dirt instead of a cracked seal.
![]()

That is some serious love there Flynrider.Flynrider_imp said:Glad to hear it worked, Frulk! It really doesn't take much dirt getting under the dust seals to cause a leak. In my case, I rode about 75 miles of dusty, muddy back roads and the seals started leaking immediately. That's what tipped me off that I might be dealing with dirt instead of a cracked seal.
![]()
Arrived today by snail mail.GoldOxide_imp said:Very cool Flynrider. Just my dust seals are cracked, and the fork itself is not leaky. Useful tip - thanks! Just ordered.


Good news indeed!Frulk_imp said:I bought the Sealmate per Flynrider at a local bike shop. Last one they had for $9.99. Sat on my driveway with the bike on centerstand and gently pried the dust covers up and out of the way and used the Sealmate as per instructions. I could almost swear I pulled out what appeared to be two grains of sand on the leaking fork. Pumped the forks a few times and put the dust covers back down snug. Was busy riding the Guzzi and XR yesterday so will run to my buddies coffee shop this AM on the CB and see if it did the trick. I’ll report back.
I like it...make sure you won't drop any glass bottle...Cormanus_imp said:I’ve been appointed Cellarmaster to Milor’ Popgun. A new avatar seemed in order.

welll...how about thatFrulk_imp said:Update: It's been almost 20 days since I used the Sealmate to clean the forks seals. No recurring leaks to date. Appears that was the fix.![]()

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Cleaning the seals is a pretty cheap alternative to replacement. Ever since I started using the Sealmate, I've wondered how many people have spent the bucks to replace the seals when a good cleaning would have sufficed.Frulk_imp said:Update: It's been almost 20 days since I used the Sealmate to clean the forks seals. No recurring leaks to date. Appears that was the fix.![]()