Fork Protectors, an alternative to Gaitors?

Thread starter
I spaced out my horns by 10mm as CB1100RS suggested and the fork protectors are back on. I had to take an urgent run into Dublin City for work and decided to take the CB, the weather was lovely, I was no more than five minutes up the road when the heavens opened and it rained on me for the next 90 minutes. When I got back I noticed what a great job the fork protectors had done, they were covered in a layer of road muck, all of which the fork dust seal would of had to contend with had they not been there. So I recomend them if you are a wet weather rider.
 
Thread starter
My fork protectors after a short 1hr in the rain as mentioned above. That is all the crap the dust seal has to try and cope with to protect the fork seal underneath. So good effect there with these if gaiters are not your thing.

 
Back
Top