Fork Oil

bvictory_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just purchased some new Traxxion Dynamics damper rods/springs and was wondering if anybody used a different fork oil viscosity than the one that was originally used by Honda. I was thinking of going with a 20w oil vs 10w that Honda uses. I weigh 230 and was thinking the change might be helpful.
 
I would go back to the supplier who will be better placed to give you advise seeing as it is their business. You'll get 20 different opinions on a forum. I have the 2017 model year with the improved dual bending valve damper system with stock oil and I find them excellent, I'm north of your weight too :s
 
You could also call and talk to Max at Traxxion and get his input.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all of the feedback. It’s exactly what I was hoping for. Hoping to find that balance between damping and rebound. I have used the adjuster but I am still getting a big dive like a pogo stick on aggressive braking. Honda setup the front end for someone who is about 170 pounds. I also have new top of the line Ikon shocks coming. I went for the modifications over a buying a Guzzi Mandello or a MV Augusta Turismo Veloce SCS. The SCS letters indicate it has a rekluse clutch, which is a dream of mine. There is a used one near me for $15k but the wife would lose her mind if I bought that. Upgrades to parts are a lot easier to slide under the radar.
 
Thread starter
Answered my fork oil question when I opened the box with the new springs. Traxxion provided 20 weight fork oil. So, I will use what they provided.
 
Back
Top