Fork Gaiters - buyer beware

Just noticed my British Customs gaiters are cracking, badly! Just 8 months old and they are toast. Time to spring for the Kawi gaiters.
 
Got my Kawi gaiters today from 2wheelpros.com.
$106.27 to my door for the pair.
Now I just need some time to put them on...
 
They will last a decade Tink. The ones on my 2003 Triumph are still going strong.
 
Kawasaki Gaiters on my brothers T-100..... 12 YEARS old (took this pic today just for this thread)

 
These are the fork gaiters of a W800. 4+1/2 years old
and still in good shape. Sometimes I take care of them with e.g.
Amor All , that's all. And they will last etc.

Wisedrum
 
Whelp, probably stumbled upon this to late.
I got what I thought were Triumph Bonneville gaitors off Ebay, they look nice now but worried they are going to degrade like others have said in this since they are made in Taiwan and they were ~$35. Any updates on current gaitor users and anything you can do to prolong the life of them?
Was going to buy the Kawasaki Gaitors but the part is discontinued and not available anywhere I could find.
 
I still have the original fork boots on my 2004 Bonnie, and they show no signs of deterioration.

Aftermarket ones are made of rubber - the Triumph and Kawasaki are made of a very pliable plastic that does not rot. The part number from Triumph is A9638018, but they are apparently discontinuued.
 
The gaiters were one of the first accessories or mods that I installed.. I installed the ones (purchased from bellacorse) that are used for a Triumph Bonneville (2001-2016 Aircooled ) .. They are still holding up well
check out the following link : POHONEMAS33 x BellaCorse.com | Suku Cadang dan Aksesori Kustom Game Online Terbaik Untuk Hasil Maksimal Saat Bermain
Also check this old thread : http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9723

People from the forum have also reported using the Kawasaki Gaiters :
Kaw Part Numbers:
49006-1335 (boots) x 2
Reference Thread : Honda CB1100 Forum
 
Back
Top