12cb96vfr_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey guys, just wanted to share this since I've seen some posts about the fork gaiters from british customs falling apart - well mine did the same thing.
My bike is garaged at all times, I pulled it out to wash it today and noticed the rubber was completely deteriorated. They literally fell apart in my hands, they felt like they had sat the sun for 20 years.
Thats not even the bad part- they also got a thick melted rubbery mess all over my forks. Thankfully it was mostly on the top half of the fork so i don't think I have to worry about it getting down in the seal and really wreaking havoc.
Overall I'm disappointed, but I should have known better and went w/ the Kawi ones (which I'll do next).
Be careful, the $25 price is really enticing, but the mess they caused wasn't worth it.
My bike is garaged at all times, I pulled it out to wash it today and noticed the rubber was completely deteriorated. They literally fell apart in my hands, they felt like they had sat the sun for 20 years.
Thats not even the bad part- they also got a thick melted rubbery mess all over my forks. Thankfully it was mostly on the top half of the fork so i don't think I have to worry about it getting down in the seal and really wreaking havoc.
Overall I'm disappointed, but I should have known better and went w/ the Kawi ones (which I'll do next).
Be careful, the $25 price is really enticing, but the mess they caused wasn't worth it.



