Fork Boots

banjobart_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
The rubber fork boots for a new Triumph Bonneville Scrambler fit the CB1100 perfectly. I like mine, I also have a 2007 Scrambler so I noticed the size is the same.
 
banjobart_imp said:
The rubber fork boots for a new Triumph Bonneville Scrambler fit the CB1100 perfectly. I like mine, I also have a 2007 Scrambler so I noticed the size is the same.
Would you mind posting a picture of the boots installed on your CB?? Thanks
 
I've got a set from British Customs in the garage just waiting... but my CB1100 Deluxe has not been delivered yet!
 
These are off a 2000-2002 Kawasaki W 650. The Cb requires 41 MM fork boots like the W650 or the newer Triumph Bonnevilles

 
jp4141432_imp said:
Taiwan-made Fork BOOT Straight
Any chance you could give us a link and a price on those gaiters from Taiwan jp4141432? I like the fact that they have more pleats in them thus looking more Honda like. At least to my eyes anyway.
modmaster
 
They do look cool, and I can't imagine they're very expensive. $30 bucks??

To install, it seems you just disconnect the brake calipers, drop the forks out of the triple tree, put them on and work backwards.
 
Ordered a pair of the quick mount gaiters from Revzilla this morning. Made by Kijima. I had some "zilla bucks" to burn so I expect them sometime next week.
 
I purchased a pair of those too. Installed them on my 2014 Standard. They look pretty good but I'm not sure how to keep the seam together. You can't tell they are split from the side view if you twist the seam inward. Let me know what you think. They are very beefy and seem excellent quality.
Dino
White Dog_imp said:
Ordered a pair of the quick mount gaiters from Revzilla this morning. Made by Kijima. I had some "zilla bucks" to burn so I expect them sometime next week.
 
Dvassino_imp said:
I purchased a pair of those too. Installed them on my 2014 Standard. They look pretty good but I'm not sure how to keep the seam together. You can't tell they are split from the side view if you twist the seam inward. Let me know what you think. They are very beefy and seem excellent quality.
Dino
White Dog_imp said:
Ordered a pair of the quick mount gaiters from Revzilla this morning. Made by Kijima. I had some "zilla bucks" to burn so I expect them sometime next week.
Are there any instructions with them? I may be able to figure out the seam locking once I have them in my hands.
 
The instructions calls for tie wraps on both ends and use glue on seams. The included tie wraps are good, two different sizes for top and bottom. No glue included. I only installed them in November, so it was kind of cool out and the rubber was a little too cold. I may try some silicone in the spring.
Dino
White Dog_imp said:
Dvassino_imp said:
I purchased a pair of those too. Installed them on my 2014 Standard. They look pretty good but I'm not sure how to keep the seam together. You can't tell they are split from the side view if you twist the seam inward. Let me know what you think. They are very beefy and seem excellent quality.
Dino
White Dog_imp said:
Ordered a pair of the quick mount gaiters from Revzilla this morning. Made by Kijima. I had some "zilla bucks" to burn so I expect them sometime next week.
Are there any instructions with them? I may be able to figure out the seam locking once I have them in my hands.
Are there any instructions with them? I may be able to figure out the seam locking once I have them in my hands.
 
Dvassino_imp said:
The instructions calls for tie wraps on both ends and use glue on seams. The included tie wraps are good, two different sizes for top and bottom. No glue included. I only installed them in November, so it was kind of cool out and the rubber was a little too cold. I may try some silicone in the spring.
Dino
White Dog_imp said:
Dvassino_imp said:
I purchased a pair of those too. Installed them on my 2014 Standard. They look pretty good but I'm not sure how to keep the seam together. You can't tell they are split from the side view if you twist the seam inward. Let me know what you think. They are very beefy and seem excellent quality.
Dino
White Dog_imp said:
Ordered a pair of the quick mount gaiters from Revzilla this morning. Made by Kijima. I had some "zilla bucks" to burn so I expect them sometime next week.
Are there any instructions with them? I may be able to figure out the seam locking once I have them in my hands.
Are there any instructions with them? I may be able to figure out the seam locking once I have them in my hands.
Are there any instructions with them? I may be able to figure out the seam locking once I have them in my hands. The verbage from RevZilla says "They're split down the back, and can be slid over your fork tubes, then attached with the interlocking system." I wonder what they mean by interlocking system? No mention of glue being needed. I may have assumed one side would snap into the other. A reviewer on the ad stated they snap together, then use zip ties.
 
They don't really snap together. They are mated so that each side of the slit fits together but nothing really holds them in place.
Dino
 
Well that's disappointing. I was hoping they "snapped" together. So what kind of adhesive do you suppose they need. A contact adhesive, or something like a PVC or rubber cement?
 
Well, dang! For the money they charge for these things, one would think they would snap together without using glue. Depending on what they are made of will dictate the type glue. If they are real rubber, I think rubber cement would be the glue of choice. If synthetic material, probably a contact adhesive, like maybe Loctite. I'll let you know when my gaiters arrive.

But, maybe the slit does not have to be glued. I may have misinterpreted what the reviewer on the RevZilla ad meant by "snap together".
 
Please keep us updated. I'm real interested.
 
Back
Top