Flat Repair Kit's

Welcome, but I heard about them from Memphis Mike. I'll be picking mine up today.

BTW I sticky roped the hole in the rear tire of my CB and it worked again, held air and I rode it 37 miles last night. Have a new tire in the garage ready to go on, when I get around to it. Patched tire has almost 11,000 miles on it, so it's due to be changed anyway.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Welcome, but I heard about them from Memphis Mike. I'll be picking mine up today.

BTW I sticky roped the hole in the rear tire of my CB and it worked again, held air and I rode it 37 miles last night. Have a new tire in the garage ready to go on, when I get around to it. Patched tire has almost 11,000 miles on it, so it's due to be changed anyway.
Memphis Mike seems to be very knowledgeable about all things motorcycles - and getting over 10K out of a bike tire is fantastic.

Here is what ended up being in my 4" x6"x 2 1/2"kit which includes a folding razor , flashlight with vintage Honda screwdriver and pliers . if you see anything i may have missed let me know. ....... will feel so much better riding far from home now
 
use2be...get you a piece of clear plastic fuel line just big enough to fit over the shanks of your reamer and rope insert tool. Slide it over and cut just a little bit longer to keep your tools from poking thru the side of your bag.
 
use2b_imp said:
well that was fast -------- very nice , small , plastic feels thick and well made. best price on the Net so thanks again Ferret
Hey use2b - is that a Pocket Fisherman? Do you take it along on rides for fishing breaks?
 
Thread starter
Pauley_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
well that was fast -------- very nice , small , plastic feels thick and well made. best price on the Net so thanks again Ferret
Hey use2b - is that a Pocket Fisherman? Do you take it along on rides for fishing breaks?
Hey use2b - is that a Pocket Fisherman? Do you take it along on rides for fishing breaks?
Yes it is , have 2 of them and like to hit small creeks on the side of the road with fly's. easy to carry along with a large zip lock bag if i decide to keep something.
 
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Welcome, but I heard about them from Memphis Mike. I'll be picking mine up today.

BTW I sticky roped the hole in the rear tire of my CB and it worked again, held air and I rode it 37 miles last night. Have a new tire in the garage ready to go on, when I get around to it. Patched tire has almost 11,000 miles on it, so it's due to be changed anyway.
Memphis Mike seems to be very knowledgeable about all things motorcycles - and getting over 10K out of a bike tire is fantastic.

Here is what ended up being in my 4" x6"x 2 1/2"kit which includes a folding razor , flashlight with vintage Honda screwdriver and pliers . if you see anything i may have missed let me know. ....... will feel so much better riding far from home now
Memphis Mike seems to be very knowledgeable about all things motorcycles - and getting over 10K out of a bike tire is fantastic.

Here is what ended up being in my 4" x6"x 2 1/2"kit which includes a folding razor , flashlight with vintage Honda screwdriver and pliers . if you see anything i may have missed let me know. ....... will feel so much better riding far from home now
The only thing I would change is I would swap the flashlight for a headlamp - having hands free lighting can be a huge bonus.
 
This is what I carry, wrapped in a microfiber towel, from my bicycling supplies. It would fit under the seat of my CBR250R ... this one I slip in a top case or backpack ... aluminum and ridiculously light.

Lezyne makes the best bicycle pumps in the world. This one is rated to 120 psi and has Presta and Schrader flip attachments. The hose unscrews from the handle, the nozzle screws onto the tire stem, and the flexibility makes things less awkward. I've run out of CO2 too many times:

005ee4a70ae5a1086be1cd45f51e8971.jpg


3b631439d9c01318b682aa9b8d0eae40.jpg


I used to carry around a Slime rope patch kit, but after testing it out in my garage on a nail I found at home, it was pretty much unworkable ... I needed a power drill to get through the steel belt ... and then failed to hold air. Ugh.

I'm thinking about the Stop & Go dome plug kit ... user reviews seem mixed ... meanwhile I have my AMA card with roadside assistance. :P
 
AMA's been soliciting me for years. I've never joined. But for $49, their roadside service could be a good deal. Anyone here have great things to say about it? Their membership has been in steep decline (less than 200k members currently), which speaks volumes.
 
I have been a member for over 20 years and like their road side assistance program , never had to use it but it covers my bikes and our cars for a low price.
I have used both the mushroom plugs and the string ones and yes sometimes it needs some strength to get thru the tire.
The mushroom ones seem to plug a leak better than the string ones.
I have used both the mushroom plugs and the string ones and yes sometimes it needs some strength to get thru the tire.
The mushroom ones seem to plug a leak better than the string ones.
I have used both the mushroom plugs and the string ones and yes sometimes it needs some strength to get thru the tire.
The mushroom ones seem to plug a leak better than the string ones.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have been a member for over 20 years and like their road side assistance program , never had to use it but it covers my bikes and our cars for a low price.
I have used both the mushroom plugs and the string ones and yes sometimes it needs some strength to get thru the tire.
The mushroom ones seem to plug a leak better than the string ones.
I have used both the mushroom plugs and the string ones and yes sometimes it needs some strength to get thru the tire.
The mushroom ones seem to plug a leak better than the string ones.
I have used both the mushroom plugs and the string ones and yes sometimes it needs some strength to get thru the tire.
The mushroom ones seem to plug a leak better than the string ones.
Hm..:huh:, feel sorry for you...3 x flat tire + 3 x the same repairs = bad luck....lol...just kid ya Houtman:P

:D;):beerchug:
 
For many years I relied and used the co2 canisters but for my 2017 I just bought the MotoPumps Air Shot inflator for just under $ 60.
They have all the accessories and look the same as the Dynaplug ones.
Neat little compressor and it fits in the "tool Box" under the seat.

Still have the co2 for the other bikes but might change them out as well.
 
Other than dual sports, I have avoided tube tires, as tubeless are easier to repair on the road. The problem with CO2 is that air may be needed to find the puncture, then more air after plugging, then more air if the plug did not work. If need be, I'd look for a
* screw to drive into the hole, to be able to get home...but by then, most likely the CO2 would be exhausted.

A foot pump or electric pump can provide all the inflations necessary, unless the battery runs down...hence the compact foot pump under the seat.

* Circa 1970, friend and I were hauling dirt bikes through Lancaster (Antelope Valley) out to a dry lake near Randsburg.

His truck. Manual trans. Came to a stop sign on Sierra Highway (before highway 14?) and the clutch did not disengage. Looked under the hood. A cotter pin was missing.
We walked along the highway until we found a nail of suitable diameter and it became the replacement cotter pin. Stayed there until he traded the truck.
 
Houtman_imp said:
For many years I relied and used the co2 canisters but for my 2017 I just bought the MotoPumps Air Shot inflator for just under $ 60.
They have all the accessories and look the same as the Dynaplug ones.
Neat little compressor and it fits in the "tool Box" under the seat.

Still have the co2 for the other bikes but might change them out as well.
Looks virtually identical to the Dynaplug. One or the other was licensed/rebranded.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
That tells me that one person did not get flat tire due to nail different "employment" :P
Good analysis, Peter!
I had not given thought to the preventative benefits of that nail appropriation!
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
any experience or suggestions ? now that i know i will be traveling some i want some way to fix a flat on the road.
I have something very similar like the top pic, with cartridges.....never used it yet :D
If you break the bead, none of them may work
I have a truly redneck fix for that using a couple drops of gas and a cigarette lighter ......... Put Tractor tires on a John Deere with a little starting fluid :thumbsup:

 
Back
Top