Five Ladies, five Royal Enflelds

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
Be fore warned, three videos, five very brave (or silly, your pick) gals on Royal Enfields, on some of the most stunning and dangerous roads you can imagine.
L'équipée in the Himalayas - 1/3

I don't have the guts to do some of those "roads".
 
Very brave for sure. Pretty danged attractive too. I'm sure that trip will stick with them for the rest of their lives. Cool Vid, thanks for posting.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Be fore warned, three videos, five very brave (or silly, your pick) gals on Royal Enfields, on some of the most stunning and dangerous roads you can imagine.
L'équipée in the Himalayas - 1/3

I don't have the guts to do some of those "roads".
Wow. I think if I were to contemplate a trip like that, a Royal Enfield would be near the bottom of my list of prospective bikes. Most of that route wasn't on surfaces that we would call "roads" here in civilization.

Excellent video! Thanks, Rboe.
 
Thread starter
I think the trip was partly sponsored by Royal Enfield. Since they were in their home country, I bet spares were "easy" to come by. I kept thinking my XR650L would have been better, but too many times the lower seat height of the Enfield seems to be a wiser choice, especially at the cliff edge. Falling over on the XR would have launched me into the abyss, where as the Enfield would just soiled my pants. :)

As they used to say crossing our country by wagon train, "they have seen the elephant".
 
I only watched part 1 but want to watch more. Remember that thread where I asked if you were an Adventure rider? These ladies qualify.
 
Thread starter
Vid two is about 18 minutes, Vid three is just under a half hour and the one that gives you the heeby jeebies.

On their Facebook page they are off on another adventure.
 
Don't forget the fourth video.



 
Just watched part 3. Holy cow what an adventure. Those women are a lot tougher than me. I'll admit it right off. No way could I deal with all of that uncertainty. Heck I'm planning on leaving for the rally a day or two early to meet up with dUh and do some exploring and will make sure I have a room reservation for the night before leaving lol.
 
I would think the Royal Enfield to be the ideal bike for such an adventure. You would probably struggle to get anything else repaired in a remote location in India. These sort of tours are becoming popular, and there are some French companies that are proposing organized tours in India on Enfields. Contrary to these girls though, they usually also provide a following car for luggage.
 
I'd rather be on a Yamaha DT 250. I could fix that myself on the side of the road if necessary
 
Thread starter
A buddy, that owns a Royal Enfield, tells me the Royal Enfield is the only production bike with an EFI map that goes to 19,000 feet - because that is the height of one of the passes in India that the bikes take.

So I'd be riding an Enfield. :D
 
Ok a DT 250 and a pocket full of Mikuni main jets
 
Thread starter
Be sure to video it.

So we can watch from the comfort of our homes...... (can I have your CB when you don't make it back? :) )
 
Lol sure why not, but not sure you'd been see dead on one of those over weight, symmetrical piped dlxs with the gargantuan gas tanks. Suppose you'd just sell it, but if I don't come back, why would I care?
 
Thread starter
I'd rip off the RLETS and call it good.

And clean the seat. Real good....... :)
 
Where were ladies like that when I was that age 35 years ago? Very brave and strong. Reminded me of Parts of Peru, but those roads even more challenging.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top