I'm so sorry to hear this. The culprit leaving the scene really p's me off. Karma will haunt him. Heal quickly and please take proper care of that road rash. The bike can be repaired.
What a creep to run from the scene like that but it's good that there were others who stopped to help. Glad you're not seriously hurt JF. Hope your injuries heal fast and leave no lasting problems.
It is possible, that he never saw you to begin with and never knew you went down. I prefer to think that this is what happened as it is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil.
I like to believe that way too EmptySea. Kinda difficult too. But I'm an optimist most of the time.
Just got done filing an insurance claim. I figure just the cost of replacing my Shoei helmet is worth it. Crossing my fingers that progressive is easy to deal with, so far they seem to be.
We have had two motorcycle insurance claims with Progressive in the last 2 years. They have handled both expertly. (note that I was not the rider in either case).
besides all the injuries you sustained did it ever cross your mind that you were glad it was the left side of the bike that went down and not the right side? At least the Arrow Exhaust came away unscathed
In all seriousness Glad youre still here with minimal damage to yourself and no broken bones ... Wishing you a very speedy recovery!
Been down hundreds of times on dirt bikes, and only once on a street bike. Never really got hurt from a dirt bike fall at all, the street bike one really hurt and cost a lot of money (repairs). Going down on a street bike really sucks, even a minor one. Take care and hope it never happens again.
Truly sorry that one of the risks of riding bit you...& that it is/was not worse!... Do hope you are moving toward recovery & that hip is doing its job... also hope your medical expenses have coverage!!:hello: