First ride on the 2017

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This passed Sunday I rode my new 2017 for about 100 miles .
INITIAL IMPRESSION SO FAR :

NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE IN HEAD LIGHT (BRP TUNNELS ONLY)
GLARE ON INSTRUMENT PANEL MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO SEE THE TIME, ESPECILLIALY IN THE SUN


NICER EXHAUST SOUND .
SEAT OK BUT IT SEEMS YOU GET STUCK IN ONE POSITION AND CAN NOT MOVE EASILY (2013 AND 2014 TOO MUCH SLIDING )
I PROBABLY WILL PUT A HIGHER VERSION CORBIN SEAT ON , LIKE TO MOVE A LITTLE WHEN RIDING.
BY FAR THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT WAS THE STOCK TIRES.
I NEVER LIKED THE BRIDGESTONES ON MY 2013 AND 2014 .
THE 2017 HAS THE DUNLOP SPORTMAX TOURING AND THE GRIP IS ABSOLUTE PERFECT. (DRY ONLY SO FAR )
ON MY 2013 I PUT A BRIDGESTONE BT 090 (VERY GOOD) IN 150/60
ON THE 2014 I HAVE A CONTI ROAD ATTACK CR 2 IN 150/65 AND THAT IS ALSO A VERY GRIPPY TIRE.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE MILAGE , JUST GRIP AND RIDE.
PERSONALLY I WILL NOT PUT A 160 TIRE ON THE BACK BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK FOR MANY RIDERS.
I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE DUNLOP SPORT MAX IF THEY COME AVAILABLE IN OUR SIZE IN THE USA.
 
We, collectively on this forum, need to push Stichill, kicking and screaming if necessary, into his local Honda dealer, sit him down with the first salesman we find, and have him sign the paperwork for a new CB. I am but a Padawan but I will offer to buy his RLET's.
 
Mate ... buy a CB1100 and a good solid tarpaulin. Geez, for $58K you could buy 3 or 4 and the buggers could huddle together for warmth.
 
Thread starter
Alain Lee_imp said:
From your picture, the engine stand looks great.
What is the brand of the engine guard?
Where did you purchase it?
Over stainless steel guards from Mr. T
I have them on all my bikes , better protection than the OEM guards.
 
The bike looks beautiful!

Just in front of the rear tire in the second photo, there appears to be some rust and bits on the swing-arm and frame. Am I imagining things?
 
I think that's dirt thrown up from rear wheel
 
Curly, I think it's more likely dirt. The engine guard is more of a worry.
 
Thread starter
Wisedrum_imp said:
The right one seems to have gather some rust, am I wrong?

Wisedrum
Yeah you're right. I guess Hautman missed that when he was detailing for the photo shoot. :)
[/I did not clean the bike before taking the pictures !quote]
 
Back
Top