First oil change for this heathen

Since we are talking about oil, please allow me to throw a wrench at it.

FYI, Since 2018, some Toyota vehicles has been using 0W16 weight oil and has double the oil change interval mileage.

This oil was already introduced in Japan and Europe a few years earlier than NA.

Regards
Alain
 
This is for UK owners. I usually go for Castrol Power 1 oil because it’s a decent make and easy to get hold of, however just looking online this morning Opie oils who I usually get it from says it’s unavailable? Not sure if the website is playing up or if it’s been a COVID casualty? Might have to go to Motul instead. Anyone else know if Castrol are having struggles?
 
I love a good oil thread however, my counselor (Mrs. Blockhead) recently diagnosed me with ‘oil threadosis’ and forbids me to respond to any threads that contain the keyword ‘oil’ ... if the daily forensic search of my iPad shows a violation I am sentenced to performing home improvement projects for hours on end, many of which I screw up beyond belief. :D

P.S. - I use regular 10W30
 
I just tend to use the oil spec as manufacturer recommend, not too worried about the brand. I can honestly say I have never felt any difference in any car or motorbike I have ever owned before/after an oil change, none whatsoever.
 
I mostly felt the difference between the Honda GN4 10W30 and Motul / Rotella offerings during profuse hot, humid mixed riding days, and that was in the clutch feeling.
 
Koehlerk, out of sheer coincidence, that was my mileage when I did my first oil change on my Ford Fiesta. Didn't plan it, just noticed it after I did the first oil change, then looked at the mileage to log it.

I got worried that the car would turn into Christine, but it's a lot harder for a Fiesta to look demonic than a '58 Plymouth.

And if anyone is curious, I used Motorcraft 5w20 and an FL910 filter.
 
I'm pretty sure I've said this before but; I usually go with dead dinos on every bike I've ever owned, even if they have been infected with full syn. IMHO, it makes them run smoother, quieter, rev better, and just feel good. Of course, this is all subjective, TMSAISWI. I just did the CB and it loves it, it told me so.
 
yeah, they say it has to do with tolerances, but I found it difficult to force myself to put 5w20 in my truck. I don't think I could force myself to put 0w16 in anything!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Apparently not.
Modern human communication is incredibly augmented in the 21st century.

Pretty amazing.

Wonder when one can speak to their eCB1100 and just say, "Start" (apparently in German too).
 
Back
Top