I’d like to thank HondaJon for his help and suggestions on the install. Removing the exhaust gaskets and assembling the pipes would have been a lot harder without his advice.
I believe Jon was the first to take the plunge and order the Motogear exhausts:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1786
I copied Jon’s setup with TSR air funnel, K&N filter, PCV (stock map) and Staintune exhaust.
Once I got past removing the exhaust gaskets, installation of the headers was remarkably quick and easy. Exhaust sound is a bit louder at idle, but I was surprised at how well the Staintune muffler managed the sound at lower rpms. But at 4000 rpm and above, the bike really sings!
Once on the road, the bike’s performance was transformed! The bike responds immediately to input from the throttle and feels like my old GSX sports bike. In other words hang on when you hit the gas. It really gets up and goes, threatening to raise the front wheel. The stock PCV map seems to work fine – no stumbling or hesitation, no issues with idling or deceleration, and smooth, powerful acceleration up to redline.
The pipes are very colorful – so far – and the collector is much slimmer than the stock exhaust and free of those ugly wields .
I believe Jon was the first to take the plunge and order the Motogear exhausts:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1786
I copied Jon’s setup with TSR air funnel, K&N filter, PCV (stock map) and Staintune exhaust.
Once I got past removing the exhaust gaskets, installation of the headers was remarkably quick and easy. Exhaust sound is a bit louder at idle, but I was surprised at how well the Staintune muffler managed the sound at lower rpms. But at 4000 rpm and above, the bike really sings!
Once on the road, the bike’s performance was transformed! The bike responds immediately to input from the throttle and feels like my old GSX sports bike. In other words hang on when you hit the gas. It really gets up and goes, threatening to raise the front wheel. The stock PCV map seems to work fine – no stumbling or hesitation, no issues with idling or deceleration, and smooth, powerful acceleration up to redline.
The pipes are very colorful – so far – and the collector is much slimmer than the stock exhaust and free of those ugly wields .
