First Flat

Cormanus_imp said:
:thumbsup:

I went for the first reasonable ride on the Angel GT's I've just fitted and like them.
Cormanus, what size did you go with? I put 110 on front and 160 rear. Did you go 110 or 120 front?
 
110 front and 160 rear. I prefer to stick to the stock sizes if possible. Don't know quite why I didn't stick with the BT31s really.
 
Thread starter
Received the fronts from BikeBandit. If I’m reading the DOT code correctly, then these are a little older than I would have preferred. I’m not concerned about that because a) I’ve read a lot about tire age and the 5 year “rule” is very much a guideline and b) with any luck, even the replacement set will be used up by spring, 2021. If any of you who know more about the tire age issue have concerns, feel free to let me know.

BTW, I got 120s for the front because I haven’t found 110s in the PR3 for the last 18 months.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It doesn’t look to me like Michelin is making the 120 any more. I could only find 110s on its websites in France, the US and Australia.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
110 front and 160 rear. I prefer to stick to the stock sizes if possible. Don't know quite why I didn't stick with the BT31s really.
I stayed as close to stock size as I could, but had to go with 160 for the rear as that was what is available.

So far I LOVE the Angels. I’ll be interested to see the mileage you get. You ride much more than I do so we can see the wear faster on yours :D
 
Yes. I’ll be looking at mileage. As for size, I don’t think the Angels come in a 120 front.

By the way, does anyone feel like commenting on why a bloke should use radials rather than cross-ply tyres?
 
Bikebandit shows a 120/70-18
 
So does Pirelli Australia now I come to look. I'll stick with the 110. I seem to remember the only reason I went to the PR3 and therefore the 160 rear was that there were no other decent tyre options available.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes. I’ll be looking at mileage. As for size, I don’t think the Angels come in a 120 front.

By the way, does anyone feel like commenting on why a bloke should use radials rather than cross-ply tyres?
Isn't the difference mainly between tubes and tubeless?

Tubes = Cross-ply. Tubeless = Radials?? :huh:
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes. I’ll be looking at mileage. As for size, I don’t think the Angels come in a 120 front.

By the way, does anyone feel like commenting on why a bloke should use radials rather than cross-ply tyres?
Isn't the difference mainly between tubes and tubeless?

Tubes = Cross-ply. Tubeless = Radials?? :huh:
Isn't the difference mainly between tubes and tubeless?

Tubes = Cross-ply. Tubeless = Radials?? :huh:
From the factory, yes. However, I am running tubes in my PR3's on the 2017 EX. Didn't get around to the tubless conversion on this last tire change.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes. I’ll be looking at mileage. As for size, I don’t think the Angels come in a 120 front.

By the way, does anyone feel like commenting on why a bloke should use radials rather than cross-ply tyres?
Isn't the difference mainly between tubes and tubeless?

Tubes = Cross-ply. Tubeless = Radials?? :huh:
Isn't the difference mainly between tubes and tubeless?

Tubes = Cross-ply. Tubeless = Radials?? :huh:

Tubed tires can be radials as well (2017 with spoked wheels and a tube has radials , radials ride slightly better than cross ply and stay cooler )
 
Yes. I thought there were differences in the nature of the tyres and their on-road performance between cross- or bias-ply tyres and radials. I think I remember when radial tyres started appearing for cars and they were seen as a better option.
 
Back
Top