First Check Engine Light Ever on a Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug1976

New to the forum
Thread starter
Look old school guy here.  Never owned a motorcycle that even had a computer.    My CB1100 has really low miles. Only 1 oil change.  But it's thrown a code. Watched a video on YouTube with guy sticking a resistor into a plug and the code flashes. Is that all to it?  Where do I find a code list? and will the check engine light go away on its own eventually or do I have to reset.   Sorry for the ignorance.
[attachment=1020][attachment=1021]
 

Attachments

  • Check Engine.webp
    Check Engine.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 47
  • CB1100ex Center Stand.webp
    CB1100ex Center Stand.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 47
Doug, welcome. You need a member with a service manual for the 2017EX. Hang in there. Someone will be along to help.
 
The first helpful post is here in another thread. I'll shut this one down and the conversation can continue there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top