First CB

dsinned_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My first "proper" Honda motorcycle was a 1965 CB77 305cc Super Hawk. I loved it! I bought mine new for around $700. It was a beautiful bike. The vertical twin made 28 HP and top speed was right around 100 mph.

Here's one for sale on ebay like I had in my youth. Be sure to watch the video . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231970435689
 
I remember wanting this bike when it first came on the market. Payments on a 442 at the time left me too broke for a new bike.
 
Wow! This bike and video brought back some memories!

My older brother, now deseased, bought a 305 Super Hawk when he was a senior in high school. He taught me how to ride on it when I was only 14. What a great memory! Thanks for sharing!
 
Sold for US $5,474.00
 
Thread starter
WOW! That's a lot for nearly a 50 year old bike. When I bought mine (new) in the mid 60s, I only paid $695.

I got a kick out of the video . . . for such a high value, pristine vintage bike, the video show it being ridden around literally in the mud. ;-))
 
It was the Robert.M.Pirsig's bike. The author of:" Zen and The art of Motorcycle Maintenance"....I love this book.

Guy
 
My first CB
Bought 1979 when I was 16. Price 1990- German Mark
c66bb28668880b63300bc2e1b7762f29.jpg
 
I guess, considering how long I've been riding, I really came late to the CB crowd: my first was a '75 CB550-4 that I cafe'd just a few years back. A fun little buzzbomb. Unfortunately, I still love the looks and feel of the cafe bikes I rode in the '70s, but the cramped position just didn't cut it any more for my..."men of a certain age" anatomy...and I sold it not too long after I finished it:

[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/DSC02005_zpsbd2c0aca.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top