First CB spotted in the wild!

Inhouse Bob

Road warrior
Thread starter
Saw what looked from a distance like a 2013 cruising by the concert at Lake Accotink Park this evening. Actually, my daughter spotted it. Sharp, she is :thumbsup:
Any members out for a ride tonight in Fairfax County, VA?
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Saw what looked from a distance like a 2013 cruising by the concert at Lake Accotink Park this evening. Actually, my daughter spotted it. Sharp, she is :thumbsup:
Any members out for a ride tonight in Fairfax County, VA?
I live in a small town in Nova Scotia, and besides myself and Rocky (who lives in Halifax- the largest city in the Maritimes about 2 hours from where I live) - I thought we were the only 2 who have the cb1100 in our area.
Then I was at a grocery store a few evenings ago and as I was leaving a red cb1100 drives by to my complete surprise. When the driver dismounted I had a chat with him and turns out I knew him from a few years ago (small town stuff). His bike was an American bike he bought in Florida (a 2013 red).
I only wish I took a pic but we did make plans to get together to do some riding on our cb's in the near future.
for me it was great to see another cb out there. what a beaut of a machine she is!
 
Funny, but even here in bike-and-car crazy SoCal, I've only seen two - and I'm very observant about other vehicles.
I guess we're a fairly rare breed...
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Funny, but even here in bike-and-car crazy SoCal, I've only seen two - and I'm very observant about other vehicles.
I guess we're a fairly rare breed...
So rare, that until now I've never seen another live on the road.
Wether in Germany, Sweden, Finnland or Norway.
But this means nothing....:rolleyes:

Wisedrum
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Funny, but even here in bike-and-car crazy SoCal, I've only seen two - and I'm very observant about other vehicles.
I guess we're a fairly rare breed...
Same here. I've only seen one other CB on the road. It rode past one day as I was having brunch with my wife on the patio of a restaurant. She couldn't understand why I got so excited. She said, "Don't you already have one those?" Haha.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Saw what looked from a distance like a 2013 cruising by the concert at Lake Accotink Park this evening. Actually, my daughter spotted it. Sharp, she is :thumbsup:
Any members out for a ride tonight in Fairfax County, VA?
I was out in Harper's Ferry last Friday, so it wasn't me.

Now that others have mentioned it, I don't think I've seen another one in the wild either. I'm waiting for Honda to announce the 2016s and see if it comes back, or it ends up being a 2-year run (and hopefully everyone wants one after they're not made anymore :)
 
Haven't seen one yet, but my bet is that with 10 Honda dealers in Colorado I'm bound to see one on the road one of these days. If each dealer sold 5 '13s, and 5 '14s, there is no more than a 100 in the state, and that is very optimistic. I wouldn't surprised if it's half of that.

Would it be cool if there was a section by state where we could actually just put our name, and bike year? I for one would love to find more easily the other CB riders around here. You know like an alternative member list but by state...
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Funny, but even here in bike-and-car crazy SoCal, I've only seen two - and I'm very observant about other vehicles.
I guess we're a fairly rare breed...
So rare, that until now I've never seen another live on the road.
Wether in Germany, Sweden, Finnland or Norway.
But this means nothing....:rolleyes:

Wisedrum
So rare, that until now I've never seen another live on the road.
Wether in Germany, Sweden, Finnland or Norway.
But this means nothing....:rolleyes:

Wisedrum
This is actually quite funny, I live in a small swedish town, far north and beyond the civilisation in a town named Umeå, and last week I saw a 2013 CB1100 parked at the mtorcycle parking area in the central of town, I just felt I had to make a stop and walk over to have a closer look. The owner just came and we had a chat. This I really didnt expect :)
 
BAM! As soon as I said I have never seen another one yet on the road, today I was at the corner of Washington & 84th in Denver, and at 1407 mountain time here comes a black '14. I almost screamed and waived at the guy with both arms (I was at a light) when I realized that I wasn't on my CB, but on my Triumph. That means he may not have yet seen another CB on the road...
 
Ghis_imp said:
BAM! As soon as I said I have never seen another one yet on the road, today I was at the corner of Washington & 84th in Denver, and at 1407 mountain time here comes a black '14. I almost screamed and waived at the guy with both arms (I was at a light) when I realized that I wasn't on my CB, but on my Triumph. That means he may not have yet seen another CB on the road...


:rofl: oh the irony
 
Simon_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Funny, but even here in bike-and-car crazy SoCal, I've only seen two - and I'm very observant about other vehicles.
I guess we're a fairly rare breed...
So rare, that until now I've never seen another live on the road.
Wether in Germany, Sweden, Finnland or Norway.
But this means nothing....:rolleyes:

Wisedrum
So rare, that until now I've never seen another live on the road.
Wether in Germany, Sweden, Finnland or Norway.
But this means nothing....:rolleyes:

Wisedrum
This is actually quite funny, I live in a small swedish town, far north and beyond the civilisation in a town named Umeå, and last week I saw a 2013 CB1100 parked at the mtorcycle parking area in the central of town, I just felt I had to make a stop and walk over to have a closer look. The owner just came and we had a chat. This I really didnt expect :)
So rare, that until now I've never seen another live on the road.
Wether in Germany, Sweden, Finnland or Norway.
But this means nothing....:rolleyes:

Wisedrum
This is actually quite funny, I live in a small swedish town, far north and beyond the civilisation in a town named Umeå, and last week I saw a 2013 CB1100 parked at the mtorcycle parking area in the central of town, I just felt I had to make a stop and walk over to have a closer look. The owner just came and we had a chat. This I really didnt expect :)
That's funny, Simon, because I was in Umeå a few weeks ago visiting friends and I really looked very hard to see a Honda, let alone a CB1100. Even where I live(Germany) mine is the only one I've seen on the road, save for the one for sale at the Biker Days in Pfullendorf.
The thing is, if had gathered enough courage to cover those 5000 kms on a bike in a week then maybe you'd have seen my bike as well :)
 
Ghis_imp said:
BAM! As soon as I said I have never seen another one yet on the road, today I was at the corner of Washington & 84th in Denver, and at 1407 mountain time here comes a black '14. I almost screamed and waived at the guy with both arms (I was at a light) when I realized that I wasn't on my CB, but on my Triumph. That means he may not have yet seen another CB on the road...
Pretty selfish to deprive others like that! :D
 
Back
Top