Finally saw a 2016 today.

kmoney_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
In the local dealer buying a lawn mower, and they had one of these -- up on a pedastle in a place of prominence where it belongs... ;) Honda seem to have gotten a little more reasonable on the price too.











 
Man, I just can't get my head around those tacked on checkerboards. At $13k, even CDN, that's a stretch. Maybe if they threw in one of those lawn mowers in the deal!
 
I was at the Honda dealer yesterday. Myself and two friends I ride with looked hard at the non auto trans Afrika Twin. Price was right at $13k... out the door if I remember right. Honda won't move a lot of CBs (just as before) if the US retail is WELL over $10k. At that price point a lot of bikes are vying for mine, and others attention.

Forgot to mention: Dealer told my friend they have money down on 4 Auto trans A. Twins right now and prob won't see one until Sept for delivery.
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
Man, I just can't get my head around those tacked on checkerboards. At $13k, even CDN, that's a stretch. Maybe if they threw in one of those lawn mowers in the deal!
Their lawn mowers are sweet. 190cc, electric start, alternator, hydraulic drive and de-clutching blade... the thing almost out specs a Grom...

The 13k is a stretch, but prices here are never straight exchange conversion. We're pretty used to paying way more than our for things in Canada than you would in the USA.
 
kmoney_imp said:
memphismike_imp said:
So this bike is available in US?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think so no. They're still trying to clear out their existing inventory.
I don't think so no. They're still trying to clear out their existing inventory.

Just not a big enough seller in the States I guess.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Since we're talking Honda lawnmowers, I have a Honda snowblower and it's awesome. 160cc 4-stroke, about 6.5 hp if I recall, automatic compression release on start-up -- it's never failed me. As long as the snow isn't more than about 10" deep, it'll chuck it about 20-30', easily into my neighbor's yard.
 
I think $13K Canadian sounds quite reasonable. That's just under $10K U.S dollars. About what my '13 model listed for when it hit the showrooms. As I recall, the '13 and '14 Canadian models had a substantially higher MSRP.
 
I don't like black, but that black dlx is a keeper! Price doesn't seem to have changed from my 2014 dlx though. Thanks for pic.
 
So far I think the red CB is the best looking one. But I have a weak spot for the red white and blue schemes they come up with and that might make me "upgrade". In the mean time I'll just wait for future "experiments" by Honda. This one is nice. But not so nice as to make me put my money down - assuming Honda brought it to the US.

I think the only way for Honda to bring it back to the States is if I bought a bike after waiting too long for Honda to move. :D
 
Back
Top